Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Random Crashes (mostly Xenoblade Chronicles)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!
I'm experiencing some random Dolphin crashes with some games. Mostly Xenoblade Chronicles (PAL).
Game just freezes for a moment and that I receive standard win 7 message "Dolphin.exe has stopped working". It is pure random - sometimes I play for some hours and sometimes less than a minute.
Also similar crash sometimes happends with Metroid Prime (NGC, PAL), Soul Calibur 2(PAL) and Muramasa, The Deamon Blade (Wii, NTSC).
My settings
Any reaason you have framelimit set to audio? Try switching to auto.
Try Dolphin 4.0 409 and see if Dolphin will crash or not
(12-08-2013, 08:19 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Any reaason you have framelimit set to audio? Try switching to auto.
I don't remember exactly why. I think sound is a little better with this option.

Anyway, switching to auto doesn't fix my problem.
(12-08-2013, 08:36 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try Dolphin 4.0 409 and see if Dolphin will crash or not
Still crashes.

A little bit more info about crash:
When I play Xenoblade [...] sometimes I have major FPS drop (from steady 25 to ~3) for about a second and moving objects (characters, monsters, particles) twitch between their current and previous position.
When Dolphin crashes it looks almost the same, but happens faster - first slowdown and twitching for <0.5 second and than "Program has stopped working" message.
I think it might be because your overclock is not stable. Dolphin is one of the most demanding pieces of software there is.
I don't think it is the case.
Looks stable to me. I've ran several stress-tests with total run ~20 hours with no errors.

I'll try deOC it to see if it helps.
... and it still crashes.
Tried mild OC, no OC at all and no OC+slightly increased VCore (I think my motherboard sets its too low by default - 1.275V).
Surprisingly, my current settings gave me not only best performance but also longest playtime before crash (~2 hours).

I also noticed that sometimes right after crash render window shows some random gameplay screen from around minute ago (looks like if I've taken a screenshot)
Have you also tested your RAM?
Yup. Seems OK.
Try turning off "Insert SD card" and "Ignore Format Changes". Do you have anything enabled in the Game Properties (right click the game in the game list)? All options there should be disabled.
Pages: 1 2