Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Random Crashes (mostly Xenoblade Chronicles)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I finally found why I had these crashes and I've fixed it.
Turns out that option for my CPU that enables one core per computing unit is causing this. Looks like it only caused problems with Dolphin, so I think it's either bugged BIOS (I have GA-970A-UD3 rev.1 motherboard with v.F7 bios) or some weird bug in Dolphin.
For some reason it is in different menu than overclocking stuff and I completely forgot about it (I think I enabled it for stability purposes) and stumbled upon it only now.
Anyway, with this "feature" disabled game runs perfectly at 25 fps 90% of a time.

Sorry for causing trouble.
(12-10-2013, 07:26 AM)Fedorchik Wrote: [ -> ]I finally found why I had these crashes and I've fixed it.
Turns out that option for my CPU that enables one core per computing unit is causing this. Looks like it only caused problems with Dolphin, so I think it's either bugged BIOS (I have GA-970A-UD3 rev.1 motherboard with v.F7 bios) or some weird bug in Dolphin.
For some reason it is in different menu than overclocking stuff and I completely forgot about it (I think I enabled it for stability purposes) and stumbled upon it only now.
Anyway, with this "feature" disabled game runs perfectly at 25 fps 90% of a time.

Sorry for causing trouble.

what steps you took to resolve this issue?
Pages: 1 2