Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin at 4k - 3840x2160
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello guys,
decided to create a new topic one for only 4k gameplay videos Smile
and here is my first 4k Super Mario Galaxy 2 video Smile
recorded with shadowplay (1080p only.. ) but w/o fps loss

used the version : Dolphin-x64 3.5-1393
Whats the point of 4K res if you can only record in 1080p?
(11-22-2013, 04:05 AM)quinneypoo Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the point of 4K res if you can only record in 1080p?
just showing how it perform on highest quality Smile

countdookins

(11-22-2013, 12:49 AM)CryZENx Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,
decided to create a new topic one for only 4k gameplay videos Smile
and here is my first 4k Super Mario Galaxy 2 video Smile
recorded with shadowplay (1080p only.. ) but w/o fps loss

used the version : Dolphin-x64 3.5-1393
Which monitor are you using? I was wanting to buy one of these....... but in some reviews I found that people are saying these monitors will not do 120hz at 4K Resolution....... only 30FPS Max. Can you comment on that?

Seiki Digital SE39UY04 39-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV
using Acer X243HQ 24' with downsampling methode.
Just wait until these 4k monitors getting cheaper because they are so much expensive... not worth to buy one
countdookins Wrote:Which monitor are you using? I was wanting to buy one of these....... but in some reviews I found that people are saying these monitors will not do 120hz at 4K Resolution....... only 30FPS Max. Can you comment on that?

HDMI 1.4 and DVI are both restricted to 30Hz at 4k resolutions. So yes.

Youtube's video compression is so awful that I am doubtful that the difference between 1080p and 4k downscaled to 1080p will even be visible Sad.

countdookins

(11-22-2013, 09:37 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
countdookins Wrote:Which monitor are you using? I was wanting to buy one of these....... but in some reviews I found that people are saying these monitors will not do 120hz at 4K Resolution....... only 30FPS Max. Can you comment on that?

HDMI 1.4 and DVI are both restricted to 30Hz at 4k resolutions. So yes.

Youtube's video compression is so awful that I am doubtful that the difference between 1080p and 4k downscaled to 1080p will even be visible Sad.
Forget that! I did see that you can get 60hz at 4k using an ATI or Nvidia card with two HDMI outputs........ but the TV has to have the two HDMI imputs on the other end. Maybe we will see a new cable system to carry over the signal over one wire. Heres hoping.
Yes. Displayport already supports 4k @ 60Hz and HDMI 2.0 is on the way to add it to the HDMI specifications. But of course HDTVs don't support input pairing or displayport. So we will have to wait until HDMI 2.0 to see widespread adoption.
So we have to add 6xIR ?
Nah. Just use the 4k resolution options for screen resolution and use the auto IR option (window size). That's what he did.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5