Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Suggest AMD cpu please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As Ive always been stuck with amd, I am getting good fps, just not with DSP LLE even on a overclocked amd phenom II 960T 4.3ghz and RAM at 1920mhz, the game is mario galaxy a course.. Am getting around 45 to 50 fps in someplaces and 60fps others... other then that every other game runs fine expect the ones that require dsp lle. So my question is will The New AMD FX 9000series Handle Dsp lle with ease like a 4ghz i5 processor, I REALLY HOPE SO
Single threaded performance is most important to Dolphin but the FX-9000 is not much faster, just ditch
AMD CPUs and go for Intel.... My PC is my last AMD Build, My next build will be Haswell-E.

[Image: FX-9590-44.jpg]
Dolphin Is dual threaded through and uses about 3 to 4 cores with dsp lle enabled?
This hole thread is about Dsp LLe and A good cpu thats not intel that will perform 60fps in games that require dsp lle like mario galaxy
any help will be very thoughtful
3 cores if DSP LLE on thread is an enabled
(10-10-2013, 11:08 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]3 cores if DSP LLE on thread is an enabled
What about Open MP that requries more cores too
(10-10-2013, 11:05 AM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]Single threaded performance is most important to Dolphin but the FX-9000 is not much faster, just ditch
AMD CPUs and go for Intel.... My PC is my last AMD Build, My next build will be Haswell-E.

[Image: FX-9590-44.jpg]
Haswell-E? Skylake will destroy it just like Haswell destroys Sandy Bridge-E and Ivy Bridge-E
Why you repost that benchmark for ?????
Lumbeeslayer Wrote:What about Open MP that requries more cores too

OpenMP can use other available cores for texture decoding, but often you'll be hard-pressed to find an instance where this boosts FPS significantly. Most of the time, it's anywhere from 0~2 FPS in my test cases. It's not really worth using over the default texture decoder in my opinion. For SMG2 on LLE audio, fyi, it did nothing to help increase the FPS. At any rate, DSP LLE on Thread crashes Zelda ucode games (which means SMG1 & 2 crash with this option enabled) so realistically, the bulk of the processing is going to be dual-core for SMG1 & 2.

At any rate, there really isn't anything on offer from AMD that can even come close to running SMG1 or 2 consistently at fullspeed when using LLE audio, even with overclocking. Many AMD CPUs struggle doing LLE at fullspeed even for less demanding games. The short story is, the kind of CPU you want doesn't exist. If you're concerned about price, you can give us a budget, and we can find/build you the best system for that range.

Lumbeeslayer Wrote:Why you repost that benchmark for ?????

Datkid20 was actually responding to Gir. He hit the Quote button and that's what happened. He wasn't trying to make a point about the benchmark, just replying to Gir's post.
(10-10-2013, 11:24 AM)DatKid20 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2013, 11:05 AM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]Single threaded performance is most important to Dolphin but the FX-9000 is not much faster, just ditch
Haswell-E? Skylake will destroy it just like Haswell destroys Sandy Bridge-E and Ivy Bridge-E
Haswell-E will be the first 8-Core Intel Desktop CPUs which will also support Quad-Channel DDR4
(10-10-2013, 11:41 AM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2013, 11:24 AM)DatKid20 Wrote: [ -> ]
Haswell-E will be the first 8-Core Intel Desktop CPUs which will also support Quad-Channel DDR4
I'm really not getting your point. You might as well wait for Skylake as it will support DDR4 as well. As for me I want to test out Kaveri and see how good it really is. Haswell-E is mostly for people who want bragging rights. There's no other reason to get it. If you just wanted a 8 core cpu you could go for a server cpu. Intel's new Server cpu's will most likely support Quad-Channel DDR4.
Pages: 1 2 3