Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: If You Like Video Games, Read This
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I love video games. I was talking to a kid at school today who has never owned a video game console. He says he's never really played a video game. The closest thing to a legit video game he's ever played is Temple Run. He says they are a waste of time and pointless. I told him they have great stories, are a lot of fun, and have deep meanings and life lessons. He said if I find a game like that he would play it, but he doubts there is a game like that.

So any ideas on what to tell him? I hope everyone on this forum likes video games, and if you do, you know he needs to try them. I just can't think of any games to tell him to get. Mario is like the most fun series of games, but there's virtually no story. Zelda is too hard for newcomers but has a story.

It has to be a game that's not too hard that he quits, but not so easy he gets board. It needs to be rewarding, fun, and have a great storyline. Something that will make you cry. A dark, dramatic, sad, yet hopeful game. Does anyone have a game that fits this? Or any game you think he should try?
Why do you want him to play video games? Anyway, I suggest The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Has he played a game on his phone? Solitaire? Minecraft? Angry Birds? SNAKE?! They are all video games. To say you have never played a video game is to be totally ignorant, a liar, or Amish.
Quote:I told him they have great stories, are a lot of fun, and have deep meanings and life lessons.
(10-05-2013, 09:15 AM)xemnas Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
heh
(10-05-2013, 09:38 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]heh

(10-05-2013, 08:55 AM)noah Wrote: [ -> ]Or any game you think he should try?
He's right. Games are a huge waste of time.
There really isn't a single game that fits your "perfect" description that everyone agrees on.
Don't force him to play games. Just show him how fun they can be and let him decide for himself if he wants to try it out or not.

(10-05-2013, 08:55 AM)noah Wrote: [ -> ]Mario is like the most fun series of games, but there's virtually no story. Zelda is too hard for newcomers but has a story.
Mario does have a story, just like Zelda. And both stories boil down to the same thing in most of the games: princess/girl gets kidnapped and the hero has to save her.
Would you not agree that Zelda games have a much deeper story than Mario? Im playing Mario 3 again and the story isn't as advanced as Zelda's. Smile

Is the Illusion of Gaia a good choice for what I described? I've never played it
Dragon Age , Kingdom Hearts, Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls. All of these series have great stories and gameplay.
(10-05-2013, 10:47 AM)DatKid20 Wrote: [ -> ]Dragon Age , Kingdom Hearts, Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls. All of these series have great stories and gameplay.
Never played dragon age but I second KH and the ME series, but if he plays ME he has to play the entire trilogy. And I don't see elder scrolls being that good of a story but that's just me Undecided Go to dungeon, get item, exit, rinse,lather,repeat.
(10-05-2013, 11:10 AM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2013, 10:47 AM)DatKid20 Wrote: [ -> ]Dragon Age , Kingdom Hearts, Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls. All of these series have great stories and gameplay.
Never played dragon age but I second KH and the ME series, but if he plays ME he has to play the entire trilogy. And I don't see elder scrolls being that good of a story but that's just me Undecided Go to dungeon, get item, exit, rinse,lather,repeat.
Wrong wrong wrong wrong so very very wrong. Elder Scrolls has a very deep lore. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
Pages: 1 2 3 4