Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: emulation good at times but then it poops all over it self
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so my problem is, is that I want to play Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Mario Sunshine. My experience with Sunshine went good at first because it was just the beginning video and the small starter stage. But when I got to the main big area, BOOM 70-80%. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't budge. HOWEVER sometimes for brief periods, it would be like I was playing a real GameCube. then I tried the exact same thing with melee and the EXACT same thing happened. Menus - fine. Videos - fine. The actual 3D part - quivery. And now the sort of technical part of the post. CPU: AMD A10-5745M GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8610G with 4172 MB of dedicated memory. RAM: 8192MB. OS: Windows 8 x64. EMULATOR VER: 3.5-367. And my settings. Backend: Direct3D9. Fullscreen res: 1366x768. AKA native. Aspect ratio: Force 16:9. Use fullscreen. (the reason I use these is because I see no performance boost over using the smaller resolutions.) Anti-Aliasing: none. Anisotropic filtering: 1x. Skip EFB Acces from CPU. Ignore Format changes. EFB copies: texture. Accuracy: All the way to the right (safe). External frame buffer disabled. Disable fog on. OpenMP Texture Decoder on. [img][Image: 2898qqa.png][/img] [img][Image: 2d133hi.png][/img] [img][Image: 10ncn86.png][/img]
notebookcheck Wrote:The CPU performance of the A10-5745M should be similar to a Core i3-2310M
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A-Serie...903.0.html
i3 2310M is too slow for most games
(07-29-2013, 03:21 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
notebookcheck Wrote:The CPU performance of the A10-5745M should be similar to a Core i3-2310M
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A-Serie...903.0.html
i3 2310M is too slow for most games
When I got this computer the man said, "It should be able to handle GC emulation" So is there any way possible to have this work at 60fps? Or are any chance of me doing this shattered for life?
Quote:When I got this computer the man said, "It should be able to handle GC emulation"
That man must have no clue about emulation or lie to you because there is no AMD mobile CPU can handle most GC games . AMD desktop line (A10 6800k @ 4.1GHz )then may be ...
GC games are not less demanding than Wii games . Some GC/Wii games are really demanding that you will need top of the line CPU such as i5 4670k (desktop) or the equivalent i7 4930XM Extreme Edition (laptop)
An i5 480M can't run Melee full speed all the time ...Nothing you can do
Btw, you should download Dolphin 3.5 Stable on the official site (Dolphin-emu.org) , not Dolphin 3.5 - 367 from a fan site (Dolphin-emu.com) . You may gain a few more FPS with Dolphin 3.5 Stable
Who is "the man"?

Anyone who would claim that every single GC game would run perfectly on ANY build doesn't know what they're talking about. System requirements vary a lot from one game to another.

Inothernews1 Wrote:Ok, so my problem is, is that I want to play Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Mario Sunshine. My experience with Sunshine went good at first because it was just the beginning video and the small starter stage. But when I got to the main big area, BOOM 70-80%. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't budge. HOWEVER sometimes for brief periods, it would be like I was playing a real GameCube. then I tried the exact same thing with melee and the EXACT same thing happened. Menus - fine. Videos - fine. The actual 3D part - quivery. And now the sort of technical part of the post.

So it slows down when your system actually has to do strenuous work. That sounds pretty normal. Your hardware clearly isn't up to the task.

Inothernews1 Wrote:GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8610G with 4172 MB of dedicated memory.

That's not what dedicated memory means. You have 0MB of dedicated memory. Your IGP uses shared memory only.

Inothernews1 Wrote:EMULATOR VER: 3.5-367.

Your build is horribly out of date and not from the official site. Although I should warn you that up to date builds will be even slower.

If you want speed get 3.5

Inothernews1 Wrote:And my settings. Backend: Direct3D9. Fullscreen res: 1366x768. AKA native. Aspect ratio: Force 16:9. Use fullscreen. (the reason I use these is because I see no performance boost over using the smaller resolutions.)

Nor should it. Your gpu determines what resolution you can go up to before your performance starts to decrease. And yours is more than adequate for 720p. Lowering resolution does not impact cpu load therefore your slow cpu will still prevent the game from being emulated at fullspeed.
(07-29-2013, 03:44 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:When I got this computer the man said, "It should be able to handle GC emulation"
That man must have no clue about emulation or lie to you because there is no AMD mobile CPU can handle most GC games . AMD desktop line (A10 6800k @ 4.1GHz )then may be ...
GC games are not less demanding than Wii games . Some GC/Wii games are really demanding that you will need top of the line CPU such as i5 4670k (desktop) or the equivalent i7 4930XM Extreme Edition (laptop)
An i5 480M can't run Melee full speed all the time ...Nothing you can do
Btw, you should download Dolphin 3.5 Stable on the official site (Dolphin-emu.org) , not Dolphin 3.5 - 367 from a fan site (Dolphin-emu.com) . You may gain a few more FPS with Dolphin 3.5 Stable
Alright, so I downloaded the OFFICIAL 3.5 update and it is now working almost beautifully. For some reason, when the FPS slows down the game doesn't, so that means almost perfect speed! However there is still one thing wrong. When I try to do 16:9 full screen 1366x768 on super mario sunshine, it just does 3:4 640x480 full screen. Do you know how to fix that?

(07-29-2013, 04:03 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Who is "the man"?

Anyone who would claim that every single GC game would run perfectly on ANY build doesn't know what they're talking about. System requirements vary a lot from one game to another.

Inothernews1 Wrote:Ok, so my problem is, is that I want to play Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Mario Sunshine. My experience with Sunshine went good at first because it was just the beginning video and the small starter stage. But when I got to the main big area, BOOM 70-80%. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't budge. HOWEVER sometimes for brief periods, it would be like I was playing a real GameCube. then I tried the exact same thing with melee and the EXACT same thing happened. Menus - fine. Videos - fine. The actual 3D part - quivery. And now the sort of technical part of the post.

So it slows down when your system actually has to do strenuous work. That sounds pretty normal. Your hardware clearly isn't up to the task.

Inothernews1 Wrote:GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8610G with 4172 MB of dedicated memory.

That's not what dedicated memory means. You have 0MB of dedicated memory. Your IGP uses shared memory only.

Inothernews1 Wrote:EMULATOR VER: 3.5-367.

Your build is horribly out of date and not from the official site. Although I should warn you that up to date builds will be even slower.

If you want speed get 3.5

Inothernews1 Wrote:And my settings. Backend: Direct3D9. Fullscreen res: 1366x768. AKA native. Aspect ratio: Force 16:9. Use fullscreen. (the reason I use these is because I see no performance boost over using the smaller resolutions.)

Nor should it. Your gpu determines what resolution you can go up to before your performance starts to decrease. And yours is more than adequate for 720p. Lowering resolution does not impact cpu load therefore your slow cpu will still prevent the game from being emulated at fullspeed.
Well s***. I thought I had 4172 MB of dedicated video memory, but according to windows I only have 768MB and 0MB of system video memory. Got 3.5 and it works fine. And "the man" is a guy who works at best buy and told me that "this system has no shared memory at all" well bulls***. I guess all they did was lie to me Angry
Quote:When I try to do 16:9 full screen 1366x768 on super mario sunshine, it just does 3:4 640x480 full screen. Do you know how to fix that?
I personally use "Stretch to widows" and "Render to main windows" instead of 16:9 , disable full screen mode and press Alt-Enter to toggle full screen
You can use "Widescreen Hack" if you want to . However , WC Hack cause graphic issue in SM Sunshine
A recommendation before you buy electronics: do some research before you buy them so you can go to the store knowing what will be useful to you and what will not. Of course the people there are going to tell you what you want to hear they just want to sell the product.
Guys the answer to the problem is so clear. It's because it was a bad dump. Tongue
No, it is because his computer is too slow >.>
Pages: 1 2