Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda WW - Slow speed, help required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I currently have the following setup:

1. Athlon X2 6000.
2. GeForce GTX 260.

Looking at other peoples specs this seems like it should run Dolphin ok. However I get about 60% running speed at best on Zelda Wind Waker. I've not tried any other games.

This is with Dual Core enabled and other audio options disabled. When I'm on the save screen it runs at 200%, it just appears to be when it's rendering any 3D.

Help would be appreciated.
Make screenshots of your settings and post em here.
Thanks. Settings are shown below.

[attachment=960]
[attachment=961]
[attachment=962]
change your resolution off of native, gives no performance boost, change it to your native resolution. Also enable audio throtle. I am using rev 3661 and i get full speed indoors and about 40-50fps outdoors. i have a 2.0ghz dual core amd processor. A 3.0ghz dual should run this no problem
I can't actually change the resolution, only options I get is native and 2x. Is this normal?

Indoors is fine for me too, I just get 35 fps outdoors.
I worked out how to change the resolution, just being a bit slow. As you said it doesn't make things slower and looks miles better. I'll try your Dolphin revision and see if that improves things.
rev 3661 seems to have sped things up by about 5fps, so it's around the 40fps mark now.

It's certainly playable, but do you think there's anything else I need to look at?
Why do you have a "slow" cpu with such a good graphics card like GTX 260?
BTW try this link http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3094.html
I don't get any noticable speed boost but you could give it a try.
Just upgraded the GPU, so far I've had no need to upgrade the CPU which I've had for 2 years.

I didn't think the 6000 was too bad to be honest, what do you recommend instead? From my understanding a quad core is pointless with Dolphin, so I'd assume I just need a better dual core CPU.
I have core i7 920 2.66

it seems the game work on full speed most of the time,but
there still some "slowdown" for 40-50 FPS for a moment and then it back to full speed.
I wouldn't buy a new cpu just for dolphin. If everything else is fine just keep it. Have you seen the link i've posted above?
Just checked your settings, you should try to enable "lock threads to cores" and enable other audio (throttle).
thanks for the advice, must have missed your cpu settings between posts
Pages: 1 2 3