Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda WW - Slow speed, help required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(07-27-2009, 01:28 AM)rogeclub Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the advice, must have missed your cpu settings between posts

yeah i posted the audio thing up there, but lock threads to cores should be off for this game. And your cpu is good 3.0ghz dual is more than enough,

use this build

32 bit: http://www.molykeia.com/daco/dldol.php?os=32&ver=3661
64 bit: http://www.molykeia.com/daco/dldol.php?os=64&ver=3661
Just used the build you suggested, speed doesn't seem to have improved.

Is there anything like BIOS settings that could be affecting anything? I've also updated all my drivers.
(07-27-2009, 02:45 AM)rogeclub Wrote: [ -> ]Just used the build you suggested, speed doesn't seem to have improved.

Is there anything like BIOS settings that could be affecting anything? I've also updated all my drivers.

It could be that you are running 32 bit vista... vista i think is quite a bit slower in dolphin than win 7. also, 64 bit dolphin runs a bit faster than 32 bit i think, but a 3.0ghz should still run fullspeed.. ill look into it
(07-26-2009, 11:21 PM)rogeclub Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at other peoples specs this seems like it should run Dolphin ok.

just dont trust the people if they speak about great performance.

its like a competition here : tell you are playing fullspeed and make all other jealous.
And if they say its impossible, laugh at them and tell they are noobs.

in reality, your cpu is too weak to play WW in fullspeed all the time.

My cpu is quiet a bit faster and its not possible, too. Most times yes, but not allways, especially in huge areas gamespeed drops.

so best you can do is not to dream away and hope for a wonder. there are no wonders.

other revs, other OS, other settings... yes it can bring you something.
But usually it wont change the situation from non-playable to playable.
(07-27-2009, 03:17 AM)Iulius Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2009, 11:21 PM)rogeclub Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at other peoples specs this seems like it should run Dolphin ok.

just dont trust the people if they speak about great performance.

its like a competition here : tell you are playing fullspeed and make all other jealous.
And if they say its impossible, laugh at them and tell they are noobs.

in reality, your cpu is too weak to play WW in fullspeed all the time.

My cpu is quiet a bit faster and its not possible, too. Most times yes, but not allways, especially in huge areas gamespeed drops.

so best you can do is not to dream away and hope for a wonder. there are no wonders.

other revs, other OS, other settings... yes it can bring you something.
But usually it wont change the situation from non-playable to playable.

if i get over 40fps avarage on a 2.0ghz dual... anything over 3.0ghz dual should run fullspeed all the time. Of course we don't mean it runs fullspeed all the time, but don't call all of us liars
OH GOD! I wish I could remember what I did to fix the speed.

WW ran at 30 FPS outside, and after doing something, it started running at around 60 FPS, 50FPS being the lowest it ever reached.

Can you post a screen shot of the advanced settings tab of your OpenGL config?
fps are worthless with todays revs.
you can easily have >50fps and the game is still running slow.

if you want to compare with fps you must use 34xx for example.

that you say 40fps shows that easy, cause zelda ww runs with 25fps(pal) and 30 fps(ntsc) internally and not 50/60 or whatever.

example :

old rev runs with 20 fps at this position (25 full speed) and is still faster then new rev showing 58fps. (maybe 17-18 in real)

[attachment=964]
(07-27-2009, 04:01 AM)Iulius Wrote: [ -> ]fps are worthless with todays revs.
you can easily have >50fps and the game is still running slow.

if you want to compare with fps you must use 34xx for example.

that you say 40fps shows that easy, cause zelda ww runs with 25fps(pal) and 30 fps(ntsc) internally and not 50/60 or whatever.

example :

old rev runs with 20 fps at this position (25 full speed) and is still faster then new rev showing 58fps. (maybe 17-18 in real)

I know, i hate the fps counter, however I use it in moderation. On (i cant remember the name of the begining island lol) running at 40fps and shows that it is about 80% emulating the wiis core. I wish they would show the % the cpu and gpu is being emulated rather than fps...
(07-27-2009, 03:50 AM)Mariomaruf Wrote: [ -> ]OH GOD! I wish I could remember what I did to fix the speed.

WW ran at 30 FPS outside, and after doing something, it started running at around 60 FPS, 50FPS being the lowest it ever reached.

Can you post a screen shot of the advanced settings tab of your OpenGL config?

I shall
[Image: general.jpg]

[Image: general.jpg]

[Image: Opengladvanced.jpg]
My settings are the same as THELUKESTIR
(07-27-2009, 04:48 AM)rogeclub Wrote: [ -> ]My settings are the same as THELUKESTIR

Do you have an nvidia card? if so use these settings:

[Image: nvidacpprt1.jpg]

[Image: nvidiacpprt2.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3