Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Laptop Spec Check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I kind of hate that this is my first post on here. But I wanted to know if i could play the following games on my laptop:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
The Last Story
Sonic Adventure Battle 2
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Xenoblade Chronicles

Hopefully someone can tell me what speeds i can play them at as well.

My Specs are:

Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel Core i5-3360M @2.80 GHz
Video Card/GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 [Please note I have 1.5 GB of Video Ram]
Memory/RAM:8 GB Ram
Dolphin:Stable 3.5 x64

-Vincent
Quote:Intel HD Graphics 4000 [Please note I have 1.5 GB of Video Ram]
Video memory doesn't matter and it's shared memory anyway. Intel HD 4000 can handle most games at 1->1.5xInternal Resolution (lowest resolution) , some light-weight games at 2->2.5xIR . GPU demanding games such as Xenoblade , The Last Story ....and a few more games , you will have GPU bottleneck even if you use 1xIR
The Last Story requires Quad Core i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz to run full speed (with LLE back end and EFB copies to Ram) . Xenoblade requirement is lower ...
If only you had a dedicated GPU then you might have a chance to run Xenoblade near full speed
Number one rule of laptop purchasing: If you want to play games, never buy a machine with an Intel Graphics Processor.
Quote:never buy a machine with an Intel Graphics Processor.
Uhm , no
Newest Intel GPU is totally fine .
Depending on model , Intel HD 4600 is on par with the fastest AMD trinity APU's GPU : 7660G (Edit : Actually , Intel HD 4600 is a bit faster than AMD 7660G , you can see game benchmark)
And both of them perform quite close to discrete AMD 6650M / Nvidia GT 540M
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-...830.0.html
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Gr...106.0.html
I think you should update the FAQ
AMD 7660G & Intel HD 4600 should be in "Average" category now
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 could be as fast as AMD Radeon HD 8750M & GeForce GT 735M which is way faster than our GPUs
Therefore , Intel graphic is no longer bad
(06-08-2013, 04:10 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Number one rule of laptop purchasing: If you want to play games, never buy a laptop

I fixed that for you Big Grin .

More seriously:
(06-08-2013, 02:41 PM)Vincent0225 Wrote: [ -> ]Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
The Last Story
Sonic Adventure Battle 2
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Xenoblade Chronicles

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn will work fine.
Sonic Adventure(s), Pokemon XD will be playable.
It will be more difficult with TLS and Xenoblade
(06-08-2013, 05:07 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:never buy a machine with an Intel Graphics Processor.
Uhm , no
Newest Intel GPU is totally fine .

Damn it, if only I'd have made that comment a few weeks ago, the hardware you're talking about wouldn't have existed. Tongue

Seriously though, it's still perfectly fine to tell people to not buy IGPs. That's been the case for the last 20 years, surely it still makes sense to say that for the most part. Generally speaking, 99% of the time, don't buy IGPs. And for that 1%, that is only a very recent development. Most people are still going to end up with HD2000/3000/4000 chips for a while yet.
Quote:Generally speaking, 99% of the time, don't buy IGPs
True . In Zelda WW benchmark , i5 3210M @ 2.9GHz + Intel HD 4000 somehow have less performance than i5 480M + Nvidia GT 540M
Intel crappy driver ???
Actually , i5 3210M should be much faster than my CPU if was paired with a discrete GPU
Zelda WW is light-weight game , integrated GPU like Intel HD 4000 should not be the bottleneck
Rule of thumb:If you want to play games buy something with a dedicated GPU.My HD4850 is faster than practically any APU out now and it still struggles a lot in some newer games.
Quote: it still struggles a lot in some newer games.
We not discuss about PC gaming . For Dolphin , ATI 4850 is good , your Athlon struggles in most games
(06-08-2013, 11:41 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:it still struggles a lot in some newer games.
We not discuss about PC gaming . For Dolphin , ATI 4850 is good , your Athlon struggles in most games
I know,I was just advising people not to bother with APUs in general unless they like playing their games in very low resolution and detail settings.That also holds true for Dolphin,to some extent.
Pages: 1 2 3