Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Haswell - Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I guess this won't provide any speed-up for previous gen users, right?
3-5% performance gain
Compare to your i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
Dolphin - 3% : i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz = i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
Multi-threaded app - 5% : i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz = i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz

Since you have Ivy Bridge CPU , you should wait for Skylake or Skymont intead of Haswell & Broadwell
Edit : Base on Dolphin Benchmark (3 users) , Haswell is 10-20% faster than Ivy for some reason . The information i provided above is not correct
So go ahead and get Haswell CPU (i5 4670k) despite being more expensive than Ivy (i5 3570k)
Haswell's much more of an improvement for laptops than for desktops – for example, the new sleep states are laptop-only, the power improvements are mostly important to laptoppers, and the Iris Pro 5200 is only included in one OEM-only desktop Haswell variant (likely oriented towards dGPU-less all-in-ones) since it's pointless to have it in a desktop tower where you can just pop in a GTX Titan.
Haswells IPC improvements are mostly for SSE/AVX code. Luckily dolphin does a lot of SSE work. I expect that it will likely receive a 10% IPC boost over ivy bridge in dolphin.
In some benchmarks , Haswell indeed show 9-10% improvement over Ivy Bridge . I was confused a lot .
So I said 3-5% improvement in worst case
Hexus got 0-8% for single threaded benchmarks, and more on the multithreaded benchmarks.
If anyone here is getting a notebook with i7 Haswell CPU, please test Super Mario Galaxy with LLE and share the results.
It won't be fullspeed.
A notebook will never be good enough for SMG + LLE even with Haswell processors
(06-04-2013, 02:28 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]A notebook will never be good enough for SMG + LLE even with an overclocked Skymont processor and the whole thing being submerged in supercooled liquid nitrogen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6