Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying To Sync Audio and Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone!

Well, i discovered yesterday that after years of waiting, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is finally working into the emulator!

The game runs quite well, but there is just one problem, the audio. The audio stutters a lot, and i tried fixing it, switching the DPS options but nothing worked, until i read in this forums that i had to enable "Accurate VBeam Emulation" and disable "Enable Iddle Skipping". After doing both of those things, i run the game and the audio works excellent, no stutters, no sound problems at all (and of course, the already addressed issue of the opening cinematics that they look bad), but the problem is that the game runs in slowmotion, now, dont tell me my PC is old and im getting crappy FPS because that is not the case, i know when a game is running bad and when is doing Slowmotion, the audio plays perfectly normal, but the main menu, in game animations of the characters and in game gameplay is in slowmotion, but the audio is working on time, the problem is that the audio clip plays, and after 10secs of delay on the animation without sound because it already finished, the next audio piece starts with the next character animation, and the same happens again.

Is there a way to sync the audio and the video? i think i tried everything, different fps caps and options, audio configurations, graphics configurations, everything non-hardcore i think i already tried it, and there is no way of playing the game at a normal speed without getting audio stutters.

Another thing that could work is to fix the original audio through different options appart the 2 ones that i already said. Im new to this, so i would appreciate any kind of answer or suggestion you could give me. I think you can see my PC Specs on my profile page, but ill post them again anyway just in case.

Intel Core I5 3570K
Nvidia GTX 660ti
4GB Ram DDR3 1600Mhz Dual Channel
Windows 7 Profesional x64

And im using the latest version of Dolphin.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english, its not my native language!

Goodbye

EDIT: Another thing, i own the NTSC version of the game, and i think the fps limit is 30fps in this one, but im not sure about that, i just think it should be as i never saw the emulator show me a fps score higher than 30 with the auto fps configuration.
(05-15-2013, 08:33 AM)Lobialkon Wrote: [ -> ]until i read in this forums that i had to enable "Accurate VBeam Emulation" and disable "Enable Iddle Skipping"

Don't do that.

Use LLE and it will work fine. But you'll have to overclock your CPU
(05-15-2013, 08:50 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2013, 08:33 AM)Lobialkon Wrote: [ -> ]until i read in this forums that i had to enable "Accurate VBeam Emulation" and disable "Enable Iddle Skipping"

Don't do that.

Use LLE and it will work fine. But you'll have to overclock your CPU
I reverted the two options back to the opposite setting, i went to DSP Settings and i selected DSP LLE Recompiler, the two options on the middle are deactivated (activating/deactivating LLE on Thread didnt change anything) and the last option is in Dsound.

The sound stutters like in the beggining and the game still runs in slow motion, but this time, the audio (appart from stuttering a lot) is in sync with the video.

Any thoughts?

Goodbye!

PD: Are you sure about overclocking the CPU? I think its fine as it is, and overclocking for +0.2ghz wont make any difference. I dont want to push it too much.
Do you have v-sync enabled? If so, try disabling v-sync (in the graphics settings).

Do you have the framelimiter set to "Auto"? This will usually fix slow motion gameplay.

DSound backend is not recommended. Use either XAudio2 or OpenAL.

Are you using the very latest version of Dolphin? Dolphin 3.5-1344 is the latest and can be downloaded from the Download link at the top of this page.

What is your CPU clock speed? Is it overclocked?
(05-15-2013, 09:56 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have v-sync enabled? If so, try disabling v-sync (in the graphics settings).

Do you have the framelimiter set to "Auto"? This will usually fix slow motion gameplay.

DSound backend is not recommended. Use either XAudio2 or OpenAL.

Are you using the very latest version of Dolphin? Dolphin 3.5-1344 is the latest and can be downloaded from the Download link at the top of this page.

What is your CPU clock speed? Is it overclocked?
V-Sync is disabled, The framelimiter is set to "Auto", i changed the Backened audio to XAudio2, im running the latest version of Dolphin(Stable release, not beta). My CPU is not overclocked and its running at 3.40Ghz each core. The audio still stutters, and the game stills in "slowmotion".

Goodbye and thanks!

EDIT: I dont know if it helps but FPS in game are around 25-30fps, VPS around 50-55 and Speed at 80%-90%
If you have even decent cooling, you can easily bring a 3570K to 4.2 GHz, and some folk bring it as high as 4.7 GHz with no issue.

On current builds of Dolphin, HLE is perfect for pretty much every game except the handful of Zelda µcode games (all Nintendo first-party games, ask if you want a complete list), and LLE uses much more CPU than HLE does, so use HLE, eh?
(05-15-2013, 10:34 AM)Lobialkon Wrote: [ -> ]The audio still stutters.

I dont know if it helps but FPS in game are around 25-30fps, VPS around 50-55 and Speed at 80%-90%

If you can't get full-speed the sound will stutter (with HLE and LLE) and...

(05-15-2013, 10:34 AM)Lobialkon Wrote: [ -> ]and the game stills in "slowmotion".

...Harry Potter games are very demanding. Stock clock is not enough to get full-speed.

(05-15-2013, 01:50 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]On current builds of Dolphin, HLE is perfect for pretty much every game except the handful of Zelda µcode games

For Harry Potter games (GC and Wii) LLE works better than new AX-HLE
Why did you buy a K series processor if you arent going to overclock? Smile

You are going to have to OC or you will likely never get over the slow motion issue. I have mine OC'ed to 4.7 and I can play pretty much every game full speed.
(05-15-2013, 10:48 PM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you buy a K series processor if you arent going to overclock? Smile

You are going to have to OC or you will likely never get over the slow motion issue. I have mine OC'ed to 4.7 and I can play pretty much every game full speed.
Hello everyone, thank you all for your replies so far.

The reason i havent overclocked the CPU yet is because i bought it (with a new MOBO too) like 2 weeks ago, and it was a really big change, so i felt like it was already great as it was, but if you guys insist that overclocking it for 0.2Ghz will get me to run the game at full speed, im gonna look for a guide and give it a try.

I wanted to apologize too, i realized i wasnt using the latest release. When i downloaded dolphin, i searched at google for "Dolphin emulator" and i went to the .com page, and yesterday i realize that it was an older page, so now i downloaded the latest version of the emulator you can find at the .org new website, though the game was running fine, the audio was stuttering a lot still. If you guys say that overclocking will help me get the fullspeed of the game and get rid of the sound problem, ill do it in a couple of hours.

Goodbye!
To me, 80% to 90% is quite playable. I would use the OpenAL backend (available in the latest version) to timestretch the audio so that the audio stuttering is reduced.
Pages: 1 2 3