Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Graphics card requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Requirements to run 4x internal resolution with 9xSSAA twilight princess wii is super slow 10fps for me my gosh my thought to be enough video card that can handle crysis 2 maxed out but not dolphin 4x on 9xSSAA which is 6x internal resolution i think.
My graphics card is HIS RADEON HD 7850 1000mhz core clock 1200mhz mem clock
My CPU is AMD Phenom II 960T 4.3GHZ
MY ram IS 8gb 1600mhz

I can run zelda on 4x internal resolution 30fps but not combine with 9xSSAA.

So what are the graphics card requirements for 4x internal resolution with 9xSSAA
I'm not entirely sure if there is a video card available yet that can run all games at 4xIR and 9xSSAA.
Lumbeeslayer Wrote:4x on 9xSSAA which is 6x internal resolution i think.

It's 144x (12x scale in each direction). That means you're rendering the game at 144 times the resolution that it is rendered at on the GC/Wii. That's 48.66 megapixels (1080p is 2 megapixels).

Lumbeeslayer Wrote:video card that can handle crysis 2 maxed out but not dolphin

Try running crysis 2 at 7680 x 6336 which is the internal resolution that you're running dolphin at. I promise that you will not be able to achieve 10 fps on that card. You'll be lucky to get 4 fps on low settings.

Starscream's post is accurate. No video card exists that can run every game at fullspeed with these settings.
A display to SEE such image?

how much monitors / TV / Proyectors whatever are capable of displaying that resolution?

Only something like eyefinnity can do that.
IR 2x or 2.5x + 9SSA for almost all great games but it depends on each person
-----------------
IR 2x o 2.5x + 9SSA para casi todos los juegos de maravilla pero depende de cada persona
From my experience, increasing IR looks better than increasing SSAA, as they're more or less the same algorithm, but IR gets scaled further down the line AFAIK.
They get scaled at the same time. The filter is different, that's all. Also I have the exact opposite opinion.

omega_rugal Wrote:A display to SEE such image?

how much monitors / TV / Proyectors whatever are capable of displaying that resolution?

You can't display an image with a resolution that high. However rendering at a higher resolution still benefits image quality because more information is captured from the textures and scene geometry which can produce a more accurate image when combined with proper filtering.

omega_rugal Wrote:Only something like eyefinnity can do that.

Not really. Eyefinity is designed to increase width resolution and AR without affecting height resolution. This is still a fullscreen image that is being rendered, just a really high resolution fullscreen image.
Eyefinity goes up too you know :p
You would need a 6 monitor tall 4 monitor wide configuration to get a similar resolution. 24 1080p monitors total.
am only using one monitor its 1080p and all i want is to use 4x internal resolution with 4xSSAA with NO SLOWDOWN
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5