Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What am I doing wrong? (Speed Issue)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just tried the new build and the games are very slow on my pc. So slow that I can't play them. I also have this issue with all the other dolphin builds. The one thing the puzzles me is that Super Smash Bros Melee runs full speed, but nothing else will (I tried Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party 7 and Luigi's Mansion). What am I doing wrong?

Here's My PC Specs:

Vista Home Premium 64-Bit SP2
2.00 GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor
1MB L2 Cache
4 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8200M (Video Memory Up to 895MB)
250GB Hard Drive (5400RPM)
SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
15.6" Diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Display (1366x768)
56k modem
Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN
802.11b/g WLAN
5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader

I have dx9 installed too.
Turn on Dual Core.
try updating your video card and if you take sometime to read this thread you might get your games working
go here http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/index.php
Your system specs ARE a bit weak. What kind of numbers do you have for framerates?
(07-21-2009, 12:53 PM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]Your system specs ARE a bit weak. What kind of numbers do you have for framerates?

His specs shouldn't be too weak to run slowly. My specs are similiar to his, but still I get playable speed. It must be settings problem.
Processor is too weak, you need at least a processor clocked at 3 GHZ (Preferably an Intel Core2duo/Quad or an AMD Phenom) to get decent speeds in most games, it also sounds like your AMD is a mobile processor.

Seeing as your graphics is a mobile chipset, I know that it is a laptop now..

Not only is your hardware too weak, but laptop hardware is usually not as powerful as it's desktop counterparts. Your CPU is a major bottleneck, graphics hardware might be fine since Dolphin doesn't rely on graphics as much as it it relies on a powerful CPU. Then again graphics could also be a bottleneck since it low end mobile hardware, doesn't contain dedicated memory and draws power from the CPU as well.

Quote:His specs shouldn't be too weak to run slowly. My specs are similiar to his, but still I get playable speed. It must be settings problem.

I find that hard to believe, my old AMD64 x 2 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz could only run Windwaker at 10 -14 FPS in outdoor environments, 20 - 28 some of the time in indoor environments with dual core and optimize quantizers enabled, I'm fairly certain his laptop hardware is quite a bit weaker than most AMD64 desktop computers with a similar video cards unless his mobile processor is based on the Phenom architecture.
(07-21-2009, 12:52 PM)dyoo Wrote: [ -> ]Turn on Dual Core.

I did turn it on and still had this issue.
You aren't doing anything wrong. Tongue
Your system just isn't up to the task. I'd like to see some framerates.
(07-21-2009, 01:26 PM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]You aren't doing anything wrong. Tongue
Your system just isn't up to the task. I'd like to see some framerates.

Making screenshots now
If your motherboard supports any type of overclocking (possibly a turbo-like mode?) you could give that a try. It might just give you enough speed to make some games bearable.
Pages: 1 2 3