Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What am I doing wrong? (Speed Issue)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I stand corrected. Now SSBM is going slow. SSBM doesn't do this on one of the older builds (2195).

[Image: 8wf5g1.jpg]

[Image: hra7mf.jpg]

[Image: dxzsow.jpg]

[Image: 6f4gug.jpg]
(07-21-2009, 01:40 PM)Joblessgreed Wrote: [ -> ]If your motherboard supports any type of overclocking (possibly a turbo-like mode?) you could give that a try. It might just give you enough speed to make some games bearable.

How can I tell if my motherboard supports overclocking and is there a guide that shows me how to do it? I searched for info on how to do that awhile ago but didn't find anything.
Generally for a laptop (which i'm assuming your computer is) you can go into the BIOS to change a few settings. Usually you can push the DEL key when booting up to go into the BIOS (although it may be a different key). In the BIOS, usually under the advanced settings area, you can often increase the speed of the FSB, or set it to a "turbo" mode.

If I were you I'd highly recommend looking in there to see if you can adjust anything. Otherwise I'm not sure you are going to get the greatest of speeds with a Dual Core 2.0ghz cpu.

To give you an example, I'm running a Q6600 (thats a quad core) at 3.4ghz, and theres occassions in a few wii games where even this CPU cant maintain a steady 60 fps.
In Mario Kart Wii, I can barely manage 30 fps sometimes.
Also, you appear to be running in 32 bit mode, correct? It shows JIT32 on your Dolphin Status bar.

Your CPU supports 64 bit mode. You should be running a 64 bit version of Dolphin, not 32 bit.
Yes, my computer is a laptop. I'll check the bios and see if there is a setting that I can change. I ran the 32-bit version because I get the best results from it. Dolphin runs much worse with the 64 bit version. Can't get most of the games to load on the 64-bit version (it's always been that way even on older builds).
Did you change any settings in Dolphin at all? Post screenshots of your General, OpenGL General and OpenGL Advanced config.
(07-21-2009, 02:01 PM)Joblessgreed Wrote: [ -> ]If I were you I'd highly recommend looking in there to see if you can adjust anything.

You aren't serious right? Recommending someone to overclock his notebook is insane. He'll mostlikely overheat his system as notebooks are bareley cooled and all hardware components lay very tight together.
(07-21-2009, 02:58 PM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]Did you change any settings in Dolphin at all? Post screenshots of your General, OpenGL General and OpenGL Advanced config.

Here's the settings that I use on both versions and all previous versions:

[Image: 149v62x.jpg]
You forgot DSP settings.
Here you go:

[Image: 2vj4ikn.png]
There we go! Disable "Other Audio (Throttle)".
The only other thing other than disabling audio you could do would be to turn AF to 1x. Doubt that'll do much though. Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3