Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin refuses to start for first time run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello, everybody who happens to be reading this.

Earlier today, I came across Dolphin, and downloaded it for the first time ever(the version being 3.5-1034 x64). However, I have come across an odd situation. It doesn't start at all. Double-clicking to open it only causes the Dolphin.exe to appear in my process list for a few seconds before disappearing. Yes, I am running the program as an administrator, and have it in my Anti-Virus'(Microsoft Security Essentials) list of exclusions. Could anybody possibly help?

Running the following:

CPU: Intel i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6970

I also have 12 GB of Ram, but am unsure of the make, and also the make of my Motherboard. I have a Terabyte HDD with 54.4 GB left on it, which is what Dolphin is in(Specifically, C:\Emulators\Dolphin-x64).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Download the latest stable build (just Dolphin 3.5). See if that helps

Edit: You extracted the file, right? If you just opened it with 7zip or WinRar or whatever you use it will not open unless you extract it. If you did extract it and it didn't open do as I said above.
(03-17-2013, 11:42 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]Download the latest stable build (just Dolphin 3.5). See if that helps

Edit: You extracted the file, right? If you just opened it with 7zip or WinRar or whatever you use it will not open unless you extract it. If you did extract it and it didn't open do as I said above.

I did indeed extract it, extracted the entire Dolphin-x64 folder.

Edit: Dolphin 3.5 opens up perfectly on it's first run! Here's to hoping it can run the Metroid Prime Trilogy!
Okay good. Now go to the main page of dolphin-emu.org and click download. Then under stable versions click 3.5 and download it. Reply and tell us if it works.

(03-17-2013, 11:46 AM)BlackRaven117 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Dolphin 3.5 opens up perfectly on it's first run! Here's to hoping it can run the Metroid Prime Trilogy!

If you have any questions regarding what your pc can play in the future, be sure to post in the hardware section Smile
(03-17-2013, 11:49 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]Okay good. Now go to the main page of dolphin-emu.org and click download. Then under stable versions click 3.5 and download it. Reply and tell us if it works.

That I did. Good news, Dolphin actually starts up. However, after closing, it won't start up again. It also is unable to load any of the games in the Metroid Prime Trilogy, which after reading the Wiki, is something I assume has to do with Stable 3.5 not supporting Soft-DOL switching.
Strange... Wait one second and I'll find a recent build download link that should work...

Try this build:
http://dl.dolphin-emu.org/builds/dolphin...026-x64.7z
(03-17-2013, 11:59 AM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]Strange... Wait one second and I'll find a recent build download link that should work...

Try this build:
http://dl.dolphin-emu.org/builds/dolphin...026-x64.7z

Downloading it right now, here's to hoping it works!

EDIT: Same issue as before, doesn't want to start up. Maybe I should try an x86 build?

DOUBLE EDIT: x86 builds work and load Metroid Prime, however it is naturally slower than an x64 build would have been, and still refuses to open after exiting out and attempting to restart.

Like I said, any help still would be very appreciated!
This is very strange. What happens if you right click on the actual game file and click open with and then click Dolphin?
(03-17-2013, 12:19 PM)IlovetheGamecube Wrote: [ -> ]This is very strange. What happens if you right click on the actual game file and click open with and then click Dolphin?

Not sure, the file I ripped is an .ISO file, so I am going to try right now.

EDIT: I get the following error when trying to open R3ME01_Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.iso with Dolphin.exe:

Usage: Dolphin [/h] [/d] [/l] [/e <str> ] [/b] [/V <str> ] [/A <str> ] [/m <str ]
/h, --help Show this help message
/d, --debugger Opens the Debugger
/i, --logger Opens the logger
/e, --exec+<str> Loads the specified file
(DOL,ELF,GCM,ISO,WAD)
/b, --batch Exit Dolphin with emulator
/V, --video_backend=<str> Specify a video backend
/A, --audio_emulation=<str> Low Level (LLE) or high level (HLE) audio
/m, --movie=<str> Play a movie file
Unexpected parameter 'C:\Emulators\Emulated ISOs\Prime Trilogy\R3ME01_Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.iso'
Also: can you just make a new post when answering? Lol I didn't know you responded until I refreshed the page (had another tab open)
Pages: 1 2 3 4