Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help, Trying to run Skyward Sword in 1080p with no slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys, I just want to run Skyward Sword in 1080p at a smooth 30-35 fps with no slowdown. It seems to make no difference if I run it in standard or overclock mode and for the most part it runs smooth. However, when I get to busier sections of the overworld it slows down to 25-28 FPS and I want to know if there is anything I can do in configuration or with my computer so the whole thing runs smooth and stable.

I'm using windows 7 x64 and this is what my p.c. has and how it performs in standard mode.

Motherboard: Msi 970a-G45
CPU: AMD FX 4100 QuadCore
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770
DDR3
Dual Channel
FSB: DRAM 3:10

Standard Performance

CPU: 3.6 GHZ
Voltage: 1.3
GPU: 400 MHz
Core Temp: 35 Degrees Cel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is it in Overclock mode (Don't Laugh)

Gaming Performance (Overclocked)

CPU: 4.1 GHZ
Voltage: 1.3 GHz
GPU: 850 MHz
Core Temp: 40 Degrees Cel.

8 Gb of ram, sorry forgot to put that
Your cpu is too slow.
What must I do to make the CPU fast enough?
Like what speed should it be running at?

I'm sorry but I just got this computer last week by trading my ps3. I'm new to p.c. gaming and I'm still looking into what and how I can upgrade it so I can run top of the line games and any help would be appreciated.
Quote:how I can upgrade it so I can run top of the line games
You have to get top of the line CPU
If you wait till June 2013 , you will be able to get the next gen i5 4670k + Z87 mobo

Dolphin Benchmark (Post # 137)
I can't use I5, intel isn't compatible for the board. I am using an AMD FX 4100 Quadcore on an MSI 970a-G45 Motherboard.

I come to you guys because I don't know where to find out what upgrades would work with my motherboard.

Also, if I overclock the CPU a bit more would that make the game smooth out in busier areas? Cause it's not bad through most of the game.
You ask the impossible....
There is no AMD CPU could run top of the line game without slowdown !
Just saying Zelda SS is not top of the line game here , The Last Story is
Look at the benchmark again , you will need sth that is equivalent to i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
Your CPU is too slow
So what CPU's would work with my motherboard to work with higher end games. Or am I going to have to get a new motherboard/cpu together?
You're going to need to switch to Intel. Which will require both a new motherboard and cpu. I know this isn't your fault but if you had asked us before buying the parts we would have told you to steer clear of AMD. By the way is it an OEM build or a home built rig?
Well , if you only want to play Zelda SS full speed with HLE back end , FX-8350 will do
If you want full experience (LLE back end provide much better audio than HLE back end ) with Dolphin , you will need an i5 3570k @ 4.5 (overclocked) + Z77 mobo
Home build, and no fret. I think it's a good learning experience. Besides, the ps3 I traded for the thing wasn't doing much for me.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but overclocking this thing at 4.4ghz is a bad idea?
Pages: 1 2 3