Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which Would Preform Better for the Listed Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello, I haven't been here in a while. There are two laptops listed below that I could get. The more expensive one has a lower clock speed on the CPU, but is Quad Core. It has better graphics, can be upgraded to 16GB of RAM, and has a larger HDD. But the other one has a dual core CPU with a higher clock speed. If I want to play games such as The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Lego Star Wars, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 1 and 2, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart Double Dash, and Super Smash Bros Melee, which would preform better at 1xIR and which woul run fastest at 1.5xIR. Keep in mind a few things: both laptops have Windows 8 HP 64 Bit, I want to play PC games also (like Batman Arkham Asylum), and the A8 has a 4MB on die Level 2, while A6 is 1MB die on Level 1.

1. HP

Base Price: $350
CPU - AMD A6 4400m 2.7GHz (Turbo Core to 3.2GHz)
Hard Drive: 500GB HDD
RAM: 4GB (Expandable to 8)
Graphics: Radeon HD 7520g
Model Number: g4-2320dx
Best Buy SKU: 7595048

2. Toshiba

Base Price: $379
CPU: AMD A8 4500m (Quad Core) 1.9GHz (Turbo Core to 2.8GHz)
Hard Drive: 640GB HDD
RAM: 4GB (Expandable to 16GB)
Graphics: Radeon HD 7640g
Model Number: L855D-S5114
Best Buy SKU: 7705045
Quote: I Can Get One of These Two Laptops
No one stop you doing so ...but
Does this thread remind you anything ?
Both quad core and dual core CPU are horrible compared to dual core i3 370M and i3 370M is too weak for Dolphin. Neither of them will give you decent performance in Dolphin
I'd personaly buy none of them Big Grin . But with the first one most games you listed will be "playable". Except Zelda TP
Which one do you guys think would play PC Games better?
The second one would, but still don't expect too much. You'll get playable speeds at usable quality in some reasonably recent games, but it won't be anything to shout about.

Are you sure you need to have a laptop? You could get a much more powerful desktop PC for the price you're likely to get one of these.
Well my parents said they would put in $100 for a laptop for my birthday, and I have $250 and counting. I'll have enough with my birthday money from relatives and my parents but I don't have a computer (as you can see from my pc stats I have an iPod touch). Also I don't have enough room for a desktop.
For that kind of money you won't get a PC which will perform as well as an actual wii for wii games, but someone here may be able to find you something which is in that kind of price range which will be usable.
How can you not have room for a desktop? Do you live in a box or something? My dorm room in my freshman year of university was pretty much as small as bedrooms get. And I still had enough room to set up a desktop.
(02-13-2013, 10:24 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]How can you not have room for a desktop? Do you live in a box or something? My dorm room in my freshman year of university was pretty much as small as bedrooms get. And I still had enough room to set up a desktop.
Lol. I'm 14. My parents make me share a bedroom with my brother even though there is an extra room. Where would I put a desktop if it's just two beds and a dresser covered with stuff? Plus my way of talking them into letting me get a computer was so I could bring it to school and work on projects. In my price range I also saw a laptop with the new Ivy Bridge i3 - not sure which one - with 2.5 GHz. Would that be better? Plus from the YouTube videos I've seen A8 4500m with igp and A6 4400m with igp playing games look great and are at almost full speed if not full speed. Trust me though when I go to college an get a temparary job before my real one I'm going to buy a really nice laptop/desktop. And by then low end computers should run dolphin perfectly Wink
You simply can't get a laptop that can run dolphin well in that price range. You either go the Intel route and get a better cpu but a crappier IGP or you go the AMD route and get a crappier cpu with a better IGP. Either way you're screwed. How important is resolution to you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6