Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Full CPU Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, I've come across a problem that is affecting Dolphin performance. Anytime I try to play a game, my CPU usage hits 90%+, which seems to affect fps. Anyone have an idea as to what the problem might be?

Specs:
i5-3570k @4.2 Ghz
Radeon HD 7850
16gb RAM
I don't understand you. What's exactly your problem? Low FPS?
(02-07-2013, 05:47 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand you. What's exactly your problem? Low FPS?
Yes, that's the problem. The lowest I experience is about 25 fps, and only in certain parts of certain games, like Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess.
Huh... you shouls definitely get more FPS with that CPU. Close all other programs and just run Dolphin (I guess that's why you get such a high CPU usage).

Besides, pls tell us, which games do you play.
(02-07-2013, 05:52 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Huh... you shouls definitely get more FPS with that CPU. Close all other programs and just run Dolphin (I guess that's why you get such a high CPU usage).

Besides, pls tell us, which games do you play.
Playing with no other programs open did not affect it. The only other games I have are Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine.
And what FPS do you get in this games? They should run @ fullspeed.
(02-07-2013, 05:59 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]And what FPS do you get in this games? They should run @ fullspeed.
Twilight Princess is the only game that doesn't run at full speed, and that is when I'm in Hyrule Field.
Using HLE or LLE Audio and do you have run LLE on separate thread enabled?
Yep, that's normal. Hyrule field is a very demanding area, it's nearly impossible to get fullspeed there. That's a common issue. Wink

There's nothing you can really do (unless you overclock your CPU even higher)
(02-07-2013, 06:05 PM)Topken Wrote: [ -> ]Using HLE or LLE Audio and do you have run LLE on separate thread enabled?
I'm using LLE, and I do not have LLE on Thread enabled.
Pages: 1 2 3