Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Full CPU Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here are my settings. Resolution is 1920x1080.
Why are you using OpenGL? Use DX9
Uncheck OpenMP/OpenCL. They're pretty useless. Force Texture Filtering isn't necessary either
OpenMP can help reduce microstuttering, and doesn't cause a slowdown or any bug AFAIK, so he should probably leave it on.
On my setup, OpenMP tends to eat more CPU resources on than off. Without ever encountering micro-stuttering or seeing a reasonable speed-up from OpenMP, I tend to leave it off. But that's just me. Like most of Dolphin's options, I recommend only turning it on if and when required.

Also note that OpenCL and OpenMP cannot both be used simultaneously. I remember a dev saying it'll just default back to OpenCL (which is currently slower than the regular/default texture decoder).
So the 90% CPU issue has been resolved by turning OpenMP Texture Decoder off. However, I'm still experiencing that small lag in Hyrule Field. I've tried using DX9, but it runs even slower than OpenGL.
DefenderX Wrote:Yep, that's normal. Hyrule field is a very demanding area, it's nearly impossible to get fullspeed there. That's a common issue. Wink

There's nothing you can really do (unless you overclock your CPU even higher)
Overclocking my CPU to 4.4Ghz as well as my GPU seem to have no affect on performance. I guess I'll just have to deal with the issue. It's just that I was able to run Hyrule Field at full speed at one point, but I started having issues even though I didn't change any settings.

One last question, is there any way I can fix the audio stutter when the game is not running at full speed?
If you're using LLE audio, you can use the VBeam Trick. It has several combinations:

1) Enable "Accurate VBeam Emulation" - Check "Disable Idle Skipping"
2) Enable "Accurate VBeam Emulation" - Uncheck "Disable Idle Skipping"
3) Disable "Accurate VBeam Emulation" - Uncheck "Disable Idle Skipping"

It can allow you to run the audio flawlessly even though your FPS might not be at full-speed values. This varies from game to game and system to system so you may very well not experience any enhancement. You won't know until you try, so there's no harm in giving it a go.
(02-08-2013, 02:56 PM)phaze7 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'll just have to deal with the issue. It's just that I was able to run Hyrule Field at full speed at one point,
Yeah, Hyrule field actually gets heavier as the game advances.
Pages: 1 2 3