Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
(07-03-2012, 09:06 AM)COOLak Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2012, 08:09 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I have not dumped this game yet, but using LLE audio + Accurate VBeam emulation, I've gone as low as 30 FPS (Tales of Symphonia) and still had perfect, stutter-less audio, and I've consistently had it running anywhere from 40~60 on other games. It might have more to do with audio throttling. I always have this option set, so I haven't exactly tested LLE audio + Accurate VBeam emulation without it.

Please explain how to enable audio throttling in latest builds. I really want to get stutterless audio. And what's VPS? And please make the screens of your settings if it's not inconvenient to you.

Just set FrameLimit to Audio
In my experience, audio stutters even more when using HLE audio with audio throttle on. It works best when using LLE for me.
i pull out my words ... the game still crashing sometimes (Audio in cutscenes)
(07-03-2012, 09:39 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Just set FrameLimit to Audio

I don't know how to set framelimit to audio only. But if you mean general frame limit, then I already tried it with no luck.
(07-04-2012, 04:30 AM)COOLak Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2012, 09:39 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Just set FrameLimit to Audio

I don't know how to set framelimit to audio only. But if you mean general frame limit, then I already tried it with no luck.

That's it. Anyway as it was mentioned before LLE is the best and easiest solution
(07-04-2012, 04:36 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]That's it. Anyway as it was mentioned before LLE is the best and easiest solution

Not for removing stuttering, unfortunately.
Fortunately, if you have a good rig and set framelimit to audio then audio is MUCH better than using HLE. Did I mention almost no crashes when using LLE instead of HLE crashing in cutscenes all the damn time?
(07-04-2012, 04:59 AM)SnakeBoss Wrote: [ -> ]Fortunately, if you have a good rig and set framelimit to audio then audio is MUCH better than using HLE. Did I mention almost no crashes when using LLE instead of HLE crashing in cutscenes all the damn time?

Yeah, I mentioned this too, but stuttering is also damn problem.

zek

So after much testing and configurating for hours it seems like i get no crashes during cutscenes and the sound is quite good, all this while using HLE.

The game crashes randomly right now by getting the "not responding" report, which forces you to terminate the process. Still, this is alot better then crashes during cutscenes all the time.

During my first playtrhough i managed to get to the hangar, then it crashed.
Second one i only managed to enter the vent and get to the macdonald miller call.

Right now as i understand LLE is the only way to play all of the games without any crashes. My question is if the developers are working on making HLE the same as LLE? Will the future updates resolve this issue or there is no possible way on doing this? Im just curious because if yes, then I'll gladly wait for a updated version which hopefully fixes these issues! Smile
It's unlikely that anymore effort will go into improving HLE audio, and what we have right now might be as good as it gets. HLE audio is really a hack; that's not saying it's bad. It's still quite technical in what it has to do, and the results are very acceptable for a number of games. But Dolphin development favors accuracy over hacks. With LLE audio around, there's not much incentive to further work on HLE (though nothing's stopping anyone from doing so).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40