Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: UDPWii for Android (ControidPad)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi,

I'm developing a program to control Dolphin with an Android device (using UDPWii), it's called ControidPad.
It's already fully functional, I think the major thing missing is the auto-detection of ip addresses (through the broadcast dolphin emits).

I'm considering to publish it on Google Play, but I would like to test it a bit more. I didn't tried on many different games,
on Wii Sports it worked perfectly, but on the Just Dance game it didn't work that well. (Perhaps because it depends too
much on the accelerometer, maybe even the position of the sensor on the cellphone may affect this).

(Edit: This is an older version)
Here's the screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43024671/ControidPad-SS.png
Here's the APK: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43024671/ControidPad-1.0.apk

If anyone have any feedback, or suggestions to this or another version, let me know.

Edit:
Here's the screenshot and APK of the new version:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43024671/ControidPad-SS-1.1.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43024671/ControidPad-1.1.apk

I didn't finish implementing everything suggested, but most part was implemented, here's the changelog:
- Option to choose if the D-Pad will send event to the directional buttons or to the NunChuck analog
- Reversed Y-Axis of NunChuck analog
- Redesigned UI (see ScreenShot), "1" and "2" buttons are bigger and easier to press without looking to the cellphone.
- Now, you can't slip from the Down button to the "A" button (or any other button), you can only slip from one D-Pad button to another D-Pad button.

I didn't test many resolutions on this version, I'm afraid smaller screens won't work, but that will be fixed. It's just that I won't have much free time next weeks,
and I'l like to publish what is already done.
I'm busy with calibrating the screen... It takes its time
(12-29-2012, 10:59 PM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm busy with calibrating the screen... It takes its time
Do you mean it takes too much time, or it never succeeds?
The "?" button have an explanation on how to calibrate efficiently (with practice, you can do it under 3 seconds).
(If you want, you can also try disabling infrared and test the rest of the program).
(12-29-2012, 11:12 PM)felipe.abella Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2012, 10:59 PM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm busy with calibrating the screen... It takes its time
The "?" button have an explanation on how to calibrate efficiently (with practice, you can do it under 3 seconds).
(If you want, you can also try disabling infrared and test the rest of the program).
It never succeeds plus the UI is slightly messed up. Maybe my phone is too old-fashioned. When I have my new Fujitsu phone in my possession, I shall test it again.

enop4

Hi, I just registered, and I tested your app and it works with new super Mario bross and using a S3 but I suggest you to make the controls more user friendly, to give you an example: when I was playing I press 'A' button but sometimes I was pressing down button.
So my suggestions are:
Make a joystick rather than a arrows or an option something to choose between those.
And let the user choose playing with the phone on portrait mode or on landscape mode.

This are only suggestions am not forcing you to do it, THANKS for sharing this app, I was looking for it since last month.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2, forgive me for my English.
(12-30-2012, 03:51 PM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2012, 11:12 PM)felipe.abella Wrote: [ -> ]
It never succeeds plus the UI is slightly messed up. Maybe my phone is too old-fashioned. When I have my new Fujitsu phone in my possession, I shall test it again.
Can you try with the other infrared's mode?
I recall I tested on 240x400 using the Android emulator, and I made a few adjustments to make it look good. What's your resolution?
If it's bigger or equal than that, can you please send me a screenshot?
(01-01-2013, 08:23 AM)enop4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I just registered, and I tested your app and it works with new super Mario bross and using a S3 but I suggest you to make the controls more user friendly, to give you an example: when I was playing I press 'A' button but sometimes I was pressing down button.
So my suggestions are:
Make a joystick rather than a arrows or an option something to choose between those.
And let the user choose playing with the phone on portrait mode or on landscape mode.

This are only suggestions am not forcing you to do it, THANKS for sharing this app, I was looking for it since last month.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2, forgive me for my English.
Glad to hear that! =)
I guess the A button is too close to the down button, I put them close to make some space
for me to put my thumb when playing wii sports, I may have exaggerated a bit, I'll increase this space.

About the joystick, it's a good idea, actually, it's already implemented for the nunchuck, if you
want to try, you can enable the "nunchuck" checkbox, and disable "mainbuttons" checkbox.
If you enable then both, it will send the button *and* the analog events, probably confusing the game,
I'll put an option to choose one, if both checkboxes are enabled.
(Note: When using the joystick, there's no graphic feedback that's a joystick instead of the buttons,
that's a really obscure feature...).

Can you please clarify your second suggestion?
I guess games where you are supposed to use the controller on landscape use the keys "1" and "2" and arrows, I
already put them on a position that should be fine when holding the phone on landscape position.
I played around with this on a few games. Here's my observations:
-IR is a painful experience on my phone. The cursor barely moves with slow movements and it returns to center way too quickly. Probably to be expected, though - my phone doesn't have a gyroscope. v_v
-The nunchuk control stick is reversed vertically (but it's fine horizontally).
-The controls aren't arranged too well, especially with nunchuk controls added into the mix (control stick on top of a D-pad, srsly?). Kinda hard to arrange these anyway, though. (It'd help if you got rid of the title bar and possibly the menubar.)
-Being able to slide your finger from one button onto another just ain't right. Touchscreens are slippery, man.
I'm using Galaxy Ace and it works very bad 4 me.
When I'm starting and tap on some button it stops to respond. Also buttons are too small, especially 1/2/C/Z/+/-.

But when it responses it works! Few button pressings are detected by dolphin.

enop4

(01-03-2013, 01:46 PM)felipe.abella Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to hear that! =)
I guess the A button is too close to the down button, I put them close to make some space
for me to put my thumb when playing wii sports, I may have exaggerated a bit, I'll increase this space.

About the joystick, it's a good idea, actually, it's already implemented for the nunchuck, if you
want to try, you can enable the "nunchuck" checkbox, and disable "mainbuttons" checkbox.
If you enable then both, it will send the button *and* the analog events, probably confusing the game,
I'll put an option to choose one, if both checkboxes are enabled.
(Note: When using the joystick, there's no graphic feedback that's a joystick instead of the buttons,
that's a really obscure feature...).

Can you please clarify your second suggestion?
I guess games where you are supposed to use the controller on landscape use the keys "1" and "2" and arrows, I
already put them on a position that should be fine when holding the phone on landscape position.
what I am trying to tell you is: for example ´New Super Mario Bross wii´ tells you to hold the wiimote sideways (Horizontally) but when i play with my phone on this way the arrows move like if I am playing with the wiimote vertically, so just add an option to emulate that wiimote is going to be used vertical or horizontally. i hope you understand me now, this my suggestion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8