Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: fps Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

agustinargentina

Hey guys, i'm new in here.
I've trying dolphin for a while, first with Zelda tp (didnt work at all) and now with super mario galaxy. So, i download the R3661 version and it works quite good. But with 25 fps i just cant play well. It's not slow motion, but neither how it shoud be..beacouse you know, mario games are all about jumps and being precise with your movments. So the question is..is there anyway to increse my fps with some tips that you may know ???. Thanks all.

my specs: Nvidia geforce 9800gt, Dual core amd Athlon 4400+, 2 gigas ram
Your best bets are to download a newer revision of Dolphin (they are quite a bit faster than r3661), enable dual-core and upgrade your PC. If you want to squeeze a bit more speed than you can Disable Destination Alpha Pass in the OGL plugin settings but I find that distracting since it screws up shadows completely and it makes the game look uglier.

There really are no special settings for SMG. FPS for me reaches high 50s in certain planets but in other places it drops to around and below 30 so you have to expect that. If you aren't getting what you want just play it on your Wii. Smile
Stop spamming with your stupid build, it won't help much anyways
(07-14-2009, 04:57 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Stop spamming with your stupid build, it won't help much anyways

Haha, he was just trying to help. Tongue

But wouldn't it help? I found r37xx builds quite a bit faster than r3661.
But helping by copying one post from one thread to another? Bleh.
(07-14-2009, 05:03 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]But helping by copying one post from one thread to another? Bleh.

True, I guess.
(07-14-2009, 04:57 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Stop spamming with your stupid build, it won't help much anyways

im trying to help and it cost anything to try another build you come her and dont even say how can he resolve this at lease im try so go bother someone else if your not gonna help at all
(07-14-2009, 05:06 AM)manaurys Wrote: [ -> ]im trying to help and it cost anything to try another build you come her and dont even say how can he resolve this at lease im try so go bother someone else if your not gonna help at all

Alright man, I know English isn't your first language (it's not mine either), but some punctuation would REALLY help make your posts more legible. I had to read your post over 3 times to make sense of it Undecided. Just adding some capital letters and commas and periods would REALLY help.
To TC; Super Mario Galaxy suffers from some recent features added, that was necessary to fix it's glitches. It doesn't run near as fast many of the other games at the moment. Anyway the FPS varies greatly from area to are so you may still get 60 FPS on some of the small planets (if your 25 FPS in for the start area)
Pages: 1 2 3 4