Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: fps Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(07-14-2009, 05:11 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]To TC; Super Mario Galaxy suffers from some recent features added, that was necessary to fix it's glitches. It doesn't run near as fast many of the other games at the moment. Anyway the FPS varies greatly from area to are so you may still get 60 FPS on some of the small planets (if your 25 FPS in for the start area)

this guy really help

P.S no like some other users and modarators
It thruth, I et 25-28 on main planet and about 30-50 on smaller ones.
(07-14-2009, 05:06 AM)manaurys Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2009, 04:57 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Stop spamming with your stupid build, it won't help much anyways

im trying to help and it cost anything to try another build you come her and dont even say how can he resolve this at lease im try so go bother someone else if your not gonna help at all

ummm... from past experiences... mouthing off to a mod is NOT a good idea.. just for future refrence <_<

cmccmc

There's only one mod I'm not afraid to mouth off and that's nosound. So Fuck you nosound
How is it about performance with ATI cards in dolphin which use opengl? I tried mario galagy, I have E7400 @3.6ghz and radeon 3870. When game starts right on first place where u can control Mario in begining, I get around 20-25fps.
How much u people get in that very first place? I mean, u know just when u choose new game and after intro and stuff, first place when u can actually control him - there is circular area and I thing some flowers in the middle. I would like to know someone with stronger ATI card, preferably some 4870 or at least 4850/4770 as I was planing to upgrade to some of these, but I am still interested how well would nvidia do on that place too, gtx-260 to be specific. I should also note that between minimum and maximum settings(resolution, AF etc...) I get very small difference, 640x480 AFx1 around 20-25fps. Thanx in advance!

PS: Also Metroid Prime in intro as it zoom from planet to see space station and gameplay in begining is very slow.

EDIT: Reason I ask is to see if I get slow FPS with my 45nm 3.6ghz because my card have only 12Gt/s, or if its because ati and opengl, or if its general for everyone. Btw I also found that Dual Core option mostly only "stabilize" my fps but doesnt increase - in fact I got in most of the games better but variable FPS with dual core OFF(ikaruga, tales of symphonia for example..).
If dual core doesn't greatly increase your FPS that is indeed a mystery (at least if you're not capped by audio throttle)
My 3GHz CPU get 25 FPS in the beginning too. Metroid Prime slowing down crazily in the intro is a known issue. (My laptop runs that in 2 FPS... w00t...)
U have 45nm 3ghz and gtx-260 and getting about same FPS... I tried it by friend of mine's home, he have 8800gt and q6600 at default 2.4ghz(!) and gues what??! His FPS was about double, in mario galaxy first scene around 40-50 FPS, this is PAL game so 50 should be full speed. It did feel'd quicker than mine for sure. But with 2.4ghz!! And dolphin doesnt support quad... am now really out of ideas ;(
Anyone else tried it, also with 4xxx radeons?
BTW KHRZ thanx a lot dude! Your results definitely supprised me for sure.
(07-15-2009, 08:55 AM)elite Wrote: [ -> ]U have 45nm 3ghz and gtx-260 and getting about same FPS... I tried it by friend of mine's home, he have 8800gt and q6600 at default 2.4ghz(!) and gues what??! His FPS was about double, in mario galaxy first scene around 40-50 FPS, this is PAL game so 50 should be full speed. It did feel'd quicker than mine for sure. But with 2.4ghz!! And dolphin doesnt support quad... am now really out of ideas ;(
Anyone else tried it, also with 4xxx radeons?
BTW KHRZ thanx a lot dude! Your results definitely supprised me for sure.

I have an HD 4870. I get ~31 FPS when right after you load a save and are in the observatory. elite, get to the observatory (it doesn't take long, you just need to play for half-an-hour or so) and see what your FPS is. I'm on the other computer right now so I might post back and tell you what I get at the very beginning.

My settings are:
Dual Core - Enabled
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
AA - 1x
MSAA - Off
Thanx man. Core2uu please try that begining of game begining and if possible at 640x480. U and KHRZ have more less same cpu, only 160mhz difference but different gpu so lets see results on same settings and place(just new game and u're there in 1 min, I couldnt play much after begining as on 1 planet I got white/no textures etc.. with latest drivers). I dont get how could my friend get 40+fps THERE on begining of game with only 2.4ghz quad! If I wasnt there I wouldnt believe him but I was, just sitting next to him. I though its GPU 8800gt vs my 3870, but now I dont know anymore KHRZ have 45nm cpu, higher clocks and nvidia too - even stronger and with about same TMU performance and its slower. Anyone also quad here?
(07-15-2009, 07:01 PM)elite Wrote: [ -> ]Thanx man. Core2uu please try that begining of game begining and if possible at 640x480. U and KHRZ have more less same cpu, only 160mhz difference but different gpu so lets see results on same settings and place(just new game and u're there in 1 min, I couldnt play much after begining as on 1 planet I got white/no textures etc.. with latest drivers). I dont get how could my friend get 40+fps THERE on begining of game with only 2.4ghz quad! If I wasnt there I wouldnt believe him but I was, just sitting next to him. I though its GPU 8800gt vs my 3870, but now I dont know anymore KHRZ have 45nm cpu, higher clocks and nvidia too - even stronger and with about same TMU performance and its slower. Anyone also quad here?

Using DolphinIL, r3798 x64 compiled by Orleans
All settings default EXCEPT:
Dual Core - Enabled
Internal Resolution - 1680 * 1050
Window Mode - Fullscreen
Anisotropic Filter - 1x
MSAA - off
Overlay FPS - Enabled (obviously Tongue)
(Using mouse & keyboard to control instead of Wiimote)

I get 32-34 FPS at the very beginning WITHOUT MOVING AT ALL and just watching the stars fall. So an average of 33 FPS. Also, I found that the Native resolution doesn't affect the framerate much so I keep my resolution at 1680*1050 because the game looks soooo much prettier and I only need to sacrifice like 1 FPS for the much prettier graphics.
Pages: 1 2 3 4