Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: so mario galaxy.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Did you try to set Framelimit to Audio (or "Enable Audio Throttle" in Dolphin 3.0 and older)?
(09-07-2012, 10:32 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try to set Framelimit to Audio (or "Enable Audio Throttle" in Dolphin 3.0 and older)?

yup, didnt fix it :C

better yet it hangs at a certain point if i set it to LLE sounds :S
I just registered to ask if my computer is too slow as well to run SMG2
I have a Wii of course, but the visual upgrade I get through Dolphin is amazing and I can't see myself going back to the Wii to play these games now, at least the ones that can be played on PC

my specs are:
i7 3820
16GB RAM
680GTX

I tried running the game at 3x native resolution and 4AA with 16 whatever, I'm not a computer savvy guy, either way the good stuff, and it looked and ran perfectly with HLE, then I tried it with that LLE thing and the performance took a huge hit, I don't care about framerate drops in-game, but the skipping audio is very annoying.

I tried running the game at the default resolution and, we're talking about the internal resolution, and that had the same issues as well.

I was using the On Thread function for LLE but that didn't do much

edit: I also did try setting framerate to Audio, but it was a no go too
Your computer is very good except one thing...you can't OC it very well because you don't have a "k" CPU, and OC'ing for this game is a must
Quote:I don't care about framerate drops in-game, but the skipping audio is very annoying.
Right-click the game -> properties -> enable Vbeam and disable Idle Skipping
So basically I can't play SMG2 on PC unless I overclock my CPU, which even if the CPU was good for I must admit I wouldn't have done it.
I guess for SMG I should stick to Wii then Sad

Kinda sucks because the game not only looks better on PC, but controls wonderfully with my PS3 controller.

(09-08-2012, 02:31 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I don't care about framerate drops in-game, but the skipping audio is very annoying.
Right-click the game -> properties -> enable Vbeam and disable Idle Skipping

I think that made things even worse lol
as far as sound goes that is

Thanks guys

Did you try that trick with LLE ?
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23615
You might need to disable AA since SMG is very demanding on graphics .
(09-08-2012, 03:24 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try that trick with LLE ?
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23615
You might need to disable AA since SMG is very demanding on graphics .

that seems like the thing you told me to do initially
I did that, plus set SMG2 to its native resolution, no AA, disabled per pixel lighting and enabled disable per pixel depth, the sound skips almost as much as it did before.

Did you try another Dolphin revision? E.g. the official Dolphin 3.0 release or 3.0-600?
I tried 3.0 and it was more or less the same
then it hit me, I kept using DX11 and despite reducing all resolution and AA to minimum/default, I would always have Anisotrophic Filtering or whatever it's called to 16, so I set that to one and set DirectX to 9 instead of 11.
Now the music works much better on 3.0-765, and the game's speed is perfectly normal.

Still at this rate I'd rather just play it on Wii since the music is still choppy when there's lots of stuff on-screen, but hey, I managed to get the game to a playable state finally so that's something.

SMG2 looks incredible in HD at 1080p and runs perfectly on my system with no music that way, but I guess it'll be a long time before we can play this game in full HD and with smooth music.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5