Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which laptop processor is better for dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

pingu

1. Processor Core i5 (3rd Generation)
Variant 3210M
Clock Speed 2.5 GHz With Turbo Boost Upto 3.10 GHz
Cache 3 MB

2. Processor APU Quad Core A8
Variant 4500M
Clock Speed 1.90 GHz With Turbo Core Technology Upto 2.8 GHz
Cache 4 MB

The only 3 games I plan on playing are Melee, Tales of Symphonia and Wind Waker.

I have heard that the raw performance of 3rd gen i5 is better than AMD's.

The Wiki for symphonia says that i gotta use LLE audio and LLE on thread is recommended but the i5 only have 2 cores.

can you guys please tell me which is overall better?
Get the first one Wink

btw: Can you post the other specs, like RAM, GPU etc.? And maybe the price.

pingu

i5
AMD

Second one got much powerful gpu but that doesn't matter to me.
I heard that the Intel HD4000 is much more powerful than the other intel chips, but I'm not sure about that, look in some benchmarks^^

Ozma

I have the exact i5 3rd gen processor you speak off, runs things pretty much amazingly I run melee at 60 fps on most maps (some maps that are big and have a lot of things on screen lag, but everything other the Final Destination is scrubby anyways) I'm currently playing Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen special and it runs at 60 fps 99% of the time for some reason a few characters make it drop to 50 - 55. None dolphin I can run Just cause 2, Portal 2, borderlands all at 100% hope I helped ^^

pingu

(08-14-2012, 06:23 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that the Intel HD4000 is much more powerful than the other intel chips, but I'm not sure about that, look in some benchmarks^^
Dual graphics provided with the A8 is much more powerful but as I am not much of a pc gamer, that doesn't matter to me.

(08-14-2012, 06:30 AM)Ozma Wrote: [ -> ]I have the exact i5 3rd gen processor you speak off, runs things pretty much amazingly I run melee at 60 fps on most maps (some maps that are big and have a lot of things on screen lag, but everything other the Final Destination is scrubby anyways) I'm currently playing Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen special and it runs at 60 fps 99% of the time for some reason a few characters make it drop to 50 - 55. None dolphin I can run Just cause 2, Portal 2, borderlands all at 100% hope I helped ^^
Thanks, sounds good enough for me Smile

Quote:The Wiki for symphonia says that i gotta use LLE audio and LLE on thread is recommended but the i5 only have 2 cores.

Yeah if you aren't on a budget choose 3570k it's the best choice these days Big Grin
I'd go with the A8 with the discrete GPU. You're going to need that GPU unless you like games to look like crap.
(08-14-2012, 07:04 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]I'd go with the A8 with the discrete GPU. You're going to need that GPU unless you like games to look like crap.

The Intel HD4000 is actually much faster than the other intel crap, it can play source games at Full HD with no lags^^
(08-14-2012, 06:58 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah if you aren't on a budget choose 3570k it's the best choice these days Big Grin

I have to agree with LordVador. If he has the money, he should buy a desktop with a Z77 MoBo + Core i5-3570k + nVidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti/GTX 560 OR AMD Radeon HD 68XX + 8GB RAM + a decent CPU cooler for overclocking. That's it, the ulitmate Dolphin machine Cool

Pages: 1 2 3