Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Framerate dropped/got choppy recently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Please answer poll.

posting your OS, graphics card + driver version would help too, thx
Nvidia 9800 GT here with the latest Forceware. Things have gotten more choppy or slow since around when the XFB/EFB work was being done, at first I equated the issue with the watchdog hack but it seems that is not the issue.

Things are even more choppy and slow with AA enabled, where these games ran smoothly with AA enabled in the past. Resident Evil 4 has major issues with stuttering with AA enabled, where in the past this wasn't a problem. If I disable AA the problem pretty much goes away with Resident Evil 4.

Resident Evil Remake is lagging now regardless of whether AA is enabled or disabled, where it ran smoothly in the past except for the occasional normal slowdown in scenes that have always been slow.

I'm not sure if Mario Galaxy would run faster if this was fixed, but there is some other games that seem to suffer since the last 100+ revisions when the XFB, EFB, and z Peek improvements were committed.
I'm on GeForce 9600M GS with Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, almost all games became slower, except games that always run at full speed. Just my little report Smile

gcp111

Specs are in sig, with sorta-old 182 drivers (I don't feel like updating them every time a new version comes out.)

MK Wii is significantly slower. Menus (on 34XX) used to be 100+ fps, now they're 27. Ingame (Time Trials) used to be 40 fps, now they're 20-34.
The fps counter seems to be way off while playing most games. While in some parts of RE Remake the fps shows 50 or so fps, but it is obvious that the fps are not anywhere near that high.
Windows 7 64-bit gives 20 more FPS than Vista 32-bit in SSBB. (Nvidia)

The difference shouldn't have been that great should it?
Woooo I have been waiting to for the perfect venue to address this for some time.

[Display]
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz (3.153 MHz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, 32-bit (Service Pack 3)
DirectX version: 9.0c
GPU processor: GeForce 9600 GSO
Driver version: 186.18
Stream processors: 96
Core clock: 600 MHz
Shader clock: 1700 MHz
Memory clock: 900 MHz (1800 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 192-bit
Memory: 384 MB
Video BIOS version: 62.92.3B.00.00
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
Ram: 2048Mb DDR2 1066 Kingston Max

Before the last couple weeks of dolphin builds:

At the time these games in the 3286-3300 series were almost 100% fullspeed for me that I decided to made videos of them

Tatsunoko vs Capcom Gameplay

Punch-out
Gameplay Video

Mario Kart Wii

The last 100+ builds have had major frame rate drops for me. My games include Mario Kart wii, punch-out, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Punch out and Tat have dropped to half speed. Since the change in the fps gauge from 30 fps to 60 (guessing this is the "watchdog?". Tatsunoko now ranges at 35/60 fps compared to going at 30 fps at full speed (745 mhz/745 mhz etc etc)in earlier builds. Punch out is also foundering with this same problem. The last Build that i still use that gets me to full speed is anything in the 3286-3300 series of builds. After that things drop hard and fast.

Hope that helps in some way. Graphically the newer builds allow the games to look wonderful but its coming at a steep price for me.
(07-06-2009, 07:12 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 7 64-bit gives 20 more FPS than Vista 32-bit in SSBB. (Nvidia)

The difference shouldn't have been that great should it?

Thread is not about OS change = FPS increase, it's about change to latest revision = framerate drop
Windows XP SP3,Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT.I believe that some games have been getting slower since 3286 but it could be my imagination(or the fact that my disc is getting full).
I thought the reason for the sudden droppage in frame's was because of compatibility issues.
The devs are not currently focusing on speed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8