Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Developers, is Dolphin 4.0 a good idea right now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Dolphin is pretty stable right now. I have other reasons but I don't want to be flamed.
(08-01-2012, 01:20 PM)belomeclone Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is pretty stable right now. I have other reasons but I don't want to be flamed.

If you've got something to say, you've gotta say it and make more sense. One or two sentences is not going to work.

If Dolphin is stable, (according to you) then it's the perfect time to make another release. You wouldn't want to release a version that is not stable, so I'm a bit confused as to what you mean.

Quote:Dolphin is pretty stable right now

*Begins laughing uncontrollably*

Which branch?
This thread is useless >.>
(08-01-2012, 05:24 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is useless >.>

Sorry, it was just a question.
(08-01-2012, 07:30 PM)belomeclone Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2012, 05:24 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is useless >.>

Sorry, it was just a question.

Don't apologize.
I suppose devs will decide to make a new release when they estimate that enough improvements have been done in comparison to 3.0 .
It may be the case. It still may not be
Good Idea?

never heard of such a thing.
Version 4.0 or 3.1 are just playing with numbers and they are depend on how many changes have applied since version 3.0. For example compare Linux version 2.6.34.12 with 3.4.7, as Linus said himself for version 3.0 "Absolutely nothing. Sure, we have the usual two thirds driver changes, and a lot of random fixes, but the point is that 3.0 is *just* about renumbering". So there are no reason for talking about numbering.
I wasn't really involved with the Dolphin community when 3.0 came out, but I remember there was a lot of work done for the 3.0 release, like fixing major bugs. I think the point was to make a stable official release rather than having a random experimental build slapped with a 3.0 label. Sometimes, numbers matter, other times not so much. Depends on the community and the project.
Pages: 1 2 3 4