Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Summary of my PC - Requesting some information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there,

I'm new here! Smile

I need your help, I want to get a NEW video card to my pc to run prefectly Dolphin emulator.

My PC is the following

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 250
RAM: 4Gb DDR3
Video: Integrated ATI

I would like play games as New super mario bross, Zelda Saga, and some sport and race games!!

Please help me.. I don't want to lost my money on an inappropriate card

I think that my CPU is appropiate or good to play these games

Thanks

Cesar Salazar
Someone could recommend a nice video card, but your processor would still be too slow to run most games full speed. You're going to need a much better CPU first, then you can get a good video card. Adding a video card to that PC would be a waste of money.
(07-24-2012, 01:32 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Someone could recommend a nice video card, but your processor would still be too slow to run most games full speed. You're going to need a much better CPU first, then you can get a good video card. Adding a video card to that PC would be a waste of money.

My CPU works at 3.4GHz, Is this too slow? Sad

An AMD athlon x4 or Phenom X6 is okay?

Thank you
Overclocking or get better CPU -> More Speed
Better GPU -> Higher resolution / Better graphic
Btw , NSMB will run full speed on that Athlon .
And since Ati 4200 onboard graphic is crap , you will gain more speed if you upgrade
Quote:I want to get a NEW video card
720p ? 1080p ? Price range ?

(07-24-2012, 01:49 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Overclocking or get better CPU -> More Speed
Better GPU -> Higher resolution / Better graphic
Btw , NSMB will run full speed on that Athlon .
And since Ati 4200 onboard graphic is crap , you will gain more speed if you upgrade
Quote:I want to get a NEW video card
720p ? 1080p ? Price range ?

720p Smile

but I'm thinking right now about my CPU,

Athlon X2 3.4 is good or not? to run Dolphin..

AMD 6670 is good enough
Quote:Athlon X2 3.4 is good or not? to run Dolphin..
Depend on the game itself demanding or not
Have you read this? :

(07-24-2012, 01:32 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Someone could recommend a nice video card, but your processor would still be too slow to run most games full speed. You're going to need a much better CPU first, then you can get a good video card. Adding a video card to that PC would be a waste of money.

(07-24-2012, 01:58 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Have you read this? :

Yes, I did it! I just wanted to have a second review! becuase I was thinking that this CPU was good.. I know that it is not the best cpu in the world... but it's acceptable to do some tasks

what CPU would be acceptable to run it?
^Sorry to tell you but your CPU is a....

[Image: Shit_Pickle_1221249761.jpg]

If you dont get it: its a shit pickle
Best CPU on AMDs end?

Phenom 2 x4 965.
Bulldozer is actually a bit worse than what you already have.

Also, 3.4 ghz isn't "slow" its just that better processors can do more with lower clock rates.

A phenom 2 @ 2.8 ghz would be faster than your current processor.

A Celeron G530 at 2.4 ghz would rival your processor and surpass it in some areas, namely dual-threaded applications.

The recommend processors for dolphin are Intel's Sandy Bridge series of processors.

However, when a Phenom 2 x4 965 is overclocked to 4.0 ghz, it can rival the Pentium G860s performance in Dolphin.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103727

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819116405
Pages: 1 2 3