Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my pc good enough? Keep having issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Wondering if hardware or software or im just stupid issue lol. Probably the later anyways. Running dolphin 3.0. Runs fine. By that i mean always above 30 FPS runs smooth nice and crisp no graphical glitches but then i run into different problems. Games just randomly stop. Sonic Riders says unhandled disasm case in write handler right after i click story mode and it was running fine 10 minutes prior. Other games just quit out dont even say dolphin has stopped working sometimes sometimes it does. Any help any particular settings i should use? At the moment all dolpin settings are default minus controller configuration. Using this laptop
PROCESSOR*
AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M Accelerated Processor
OPERATING SYSTEM*
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), SP1
GRAPHICS ENGINE*
AMD Radeon™ HD 6520G
MEMORY*
6GB DDR3 1333MHz memory
Virus scans and malwayre/spyware show nothing(in case your wondering)
Try another game like NSMB
Download "Realtemp" and use it when running dolphin
(07-19-2012, 12:44 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try another game like NSMB
Download "Realtemp" and use it when running dolphin

WOW awesome response time but if your thinking im overheating im not lol i have the toshiba monitoring app and its all in the green zone also NSMB runs fine im watching the first cutscene now. Just weird ii can play L4D2 and Syndicate DeadSpace2 dragon age 2 with no issues D: dolphins dont like me
Update: NSMB RUNS FLAWLESSLY so does Super Smash Brothers Brawl although it crashed w/o the not responding just immediately shutdown when i was opening the wiimote config. game runs super smooth ^^ as well as Super Mario galaxy. All wii games i get amazing FPS its just that Sonic riders is not playing anymore was playing with 60fps now cant load a game. Super Mario sunshine is lagging like crazy with some lighting issues. hmm tried Beyblade V-force game works fine then randomly crashes 1 time dolphin not responded the other just shutdown. Pikmin 1 and 2 run flawlessly. All are my own back ups good condition but Sonic riders my disc was scratched. Maybe it was bad dump? Although i played it fine 2-3 boots. Any more ideas? Im using the forums Configuration settings for Direct x 9 even though i can use 11.
(07-19-2012, 03:23 PM)sicextheo Wrote: [ -> ]Just weird ii can play L4D2 and Syndicate DeadSpace2 dragon age 2 with no issues D: dolphins dont like me

Dolphin isn't a computer game so your argument is in valid :3
PC games != emulation

Pls, don't compare PC games with emulators.
(07-19-2012, 11:28 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]PC games != emulation

nice to know dont really care though since you have nothing to help >.> to me a game is a game. It needs a computer processor and graphics card.
(07-20-2012, 10:51 AM)sicextheo Wrote: [ -> ]

nice to know dont really care though since you have nothing to help >.> to me a game is a game. It needs a computer processor and graphics card.

welp that is wrong...
none the less your distracting my topic so either say something helpful or leave Smile
Your crashes might be either random crashes either specific issues to your games.
Could you list exactly which games you're playing and specify when/where in the game you're getting these crashes?
(07-20-2012, 10:51 AM)sicextheo Wrote: [ -> ]

Idiot response
the wii processor is not an intel x86_64 processor, wii games are not made to work on PC processors, your argument is like saying well my nintendo DS is powerful enough and has a processor so should be able to play nintendo64 games.

if you don't like the fact that your laptop is average for a laptop, deal with dolphin running slow for some games or gtfo
Pages: 1 2 3 4