Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Please tell me this would be enough - my last option!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys, I am sorry to keep asking the Q's

As you some may know alot of people know i am having some serious perfromance issues.

NOw a few people said it maybe my processor, So i have found a somewhat cheap i7 980x Hex core (12 threads) clocked at 3.33ghz (should be overclockable to about 4.2?

Craig
If you take it that high, it will be an improvement. Bear in mind that adding more cores won't speed up dolphin once you have three, and that hyperthreading won't help at all.
Hexacore with 12 Threads? Well, i doubt that this will speed up the emulator... But if you overlock it, yeah, a performance boost will be present.

Performance issues, with that rig? What game and settings?
(06-14-2012, 07:00 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Performance issues, with that rig? What game and settings?

Been over the settings a thousand times Big Grin lol

I have tried 1001 different settings from lots of different people and they all made little to no difference Sad

mostly i play the metroid series of games, and sonic too

gamecube games play faily decent with the odd framerate drop but most Wii games only run between 20-40fps and REALLY laggy.
Heh, I see, which games in specific? I'll test it on my end on lower clocks and see if the FPS you're getting is correct or not.
Have you tried running these games with all the graphical settings turned down? (To rule out the GPU)
(06-14-2012, 07:07 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Heh, I see, which games in specific? I'll test it on my end on lower clocks and see if the FPS you're getting is correct or not.
Have you tried running these games with all the graphical settings turned down? (To rule out the GPU)

Genreally i run with the lowest settings, no AA or AL and the lowest or auto native - I only run at 1280x720 full screen.

My most recent game and the one i enjoy playing the most & ironically the one that plays the worst is metroid prime 3 corruption.

If you could check it out that would be fantastic!
Alright. Anywhere in specific I have to be? If so, could you provide a savegame for that location?
I haven't played this game yet.
(06-14-2012, 07:13 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Alright. Anywhere in specific I have to be? If so, could you provide a savegame for that location?
I haven't played this game yet.

Hi there, in any small room i can get a reasonably playable speed upto 60fps in really small rooms but most large and open spaces drop dramatically - If you can get chance to set aside 15-20 minutes of game play you should get a feel for the average framerate and this should give you enough time in game to get to some open spaces(there are plenty in the beginning)

Thanks
That upgrade wouldn't improve your performance very much. If you're going to upgrade get a sandy bridge or ivy bridge cpu or don't bother.
Pages: 1 2 3