Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: EFB to RAM or DSP LLE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Aweseome!!

And this with a not-overlclocked Ivy Bridge Big Grin Did you use HLE or LLE?
As I said before EFB to RAM and DSP LLE is enabled and I haven't even OCed the Ivy Bridge yet.....

Hold on I'm posting more images....

There:

Metroid Other M (look at the top left corner):

[Image: 6fnkwo.png]
(05-05-2012, 06:27 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2012, 05:54 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]You know what Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is pretty much the most CPU heavy games I have in my collection.
Try LLE and EFB copy to Ram with Wii Sport Resort then you'll see .

Is Wii Sports Resort a particularly intensive game then? That's one of the ones I want to play...Confused
I never thought Wii Sport Resorts to be that much of a heavy game to begin with. I can't really say for sure but I doubt it to be heavier then Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
(05-05-2012, 07:15 PM)Tomkun Wrote: [ -> ]Is Wii Sports Resort a particularly intensive game then? That's one of the ones I want to play...Confused

Yes , even more than SMG . Wii Sport Resort is really hard to emulate , it crash randomly
BTW The Last Story is the most intensive game I ever play .There are some GC need 10Ghz CPU raw power
Test on my Laptop , EFB copy to Ram :
_TLS : 10-21 FPS (50%)
_ SMG : 30-55 FPS (67%)
_WSR : 20-50FPS ???

EFB copy to texture :
_TLS : 17-25FPS
_SMG : 35-60 FPS
_WSR : 40-60 FPS ???
Quote:Garteal, that sounds like a good solution thank you. Are you saying then that EFB to RAM only needs to be enabled at the start of the game and can be disabled once everything has loaded? Will that work on other games that require EFB to RAM?
Yeah, keep it at RAM on the graphics options and toggle ingame once everything (at the current scene) has loaded. You'll want to switch back to RAM when you're going through a new screen, or new Mii's/characters are loaded.

And yes, it should usually.

Quote:As I said before EFB to RAM and DSP LLE is enabled and I haven't even OCed the Ivy Bridge yet.....
Yeah, but don't forget that Turbo Boost brings it up to 3.9GHz, unless you've manually disabled it ofcourse.

Quote:_TLS : 10-21 FPS (50%)
_ SMG : 30-55 FPS (67%)
I played TLS almost fullspeed all the time. Only had a few drops sometimes from which I switched to texture to resolve it.

Here's Super Mario Galaxy, with a 2500K clocked at 3.9GHz.
DSP LLE is enabled and EFB Copies is set to RAM.
60FPS is possible, but not very stable.

Btw sorry I couldn't get the same angle as you Gabriel. Can't turn the camera >.>.
Tried to get as much NPC's/geometry in my screenshot as possible (while maintaining the 60FPS ofcourse).

Click to view full resolution.
[Image: R1L63l.jpg]
Don't worry about the angle Garteal, I was just running around the place and thought yeah this looks like a good spot.

As for solid 60 FPS on every single frame the entire game with DSP LLE and EFB to RAM in Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 I can say NO right now, of course I have speed drops here and there with 3-4 FPS but it's not even bothering me because the majority of the time it's 60 FPS.

We all come from different backgrounds, environments and hardware and we all maintain our OS differently.
My gaming environment is isolated from Internet therefore I don't need spyware programs, AV programs and can safely turn off every single unneccesary thing and service.
I tweak settings, services and options to it's perfection so nothing can stop me from enjoying the games to the max.

I know I sound like a maniac or something, but I'm obbsessed with speed and performance.
Well, I've just upped my OC to 4.5 and can say that most games are running just fine with EFB to RAM and DSP LLE enabled. But, like you said, Wii Sports Resort is still dropping to about 75% speed. It's weird that a game that seems so simple would be such a hog. Oh well, such is the world of emulators I suppose.
Quote:Oh well, such is the world of emulators I suppose.

Yeah, right ^^ Emulators are completely different from PC games Wink
Damn straight. My wife can't understand why I'm so obsessed with Miis blinking.
Pages: 1 2 3 4