Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: EFB to RAM or DSP LLE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Not particularly annoying, but if I want to use a frontend for example, or don't want to have to fiddle about if I have guests. However, I take your point. Anyway, I am off to bed. To all a good night.
You can get the best from both worlds, but this'll require some user input.
First, you must enable Hotkeys, which you can find under Graphics -> Advanced -> Enable Hotkeys.
Now, make sure you start the game with EFB Copies to RAM. When you're ingame, after your Mii's etc have loaded, press 5 to toggle to EFB Copies to Texture.
You can toggle back and forth when needed by pressing 5 (Not on numpad).
Garteal, that sounds like a good solution thank you. Are you saying then that EFB to RAM only needs to be enabled at the start of the game and can be disabled once everything has loaded? Will that work on other games that require EFB to RAM?
(05-05-2012, 12:43 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]No CPU can handle both LLE and EFB copy to Ram full speed afaik
Not even i5 2500k @ 5.0Ghz

(05-05-2012, 12:43 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2012, 12:43 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]No CPU can handle both LLE and EFB copy to Ram full speed afaik
Not even i5 2500k @ 5.0Ghz
I agree.

OH REALLY, so I'm bullshitting you all then when I say I can with my CPU?
Just take a look at my Dolphin 3.0 settings I posted in my escapades thread.
DSP LLE and EFB to RAM is there right? And I get fullspeed easy in pretty much all my games.

You know what Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is pretty much the most CPU heavy games I have in my collection.
Maybe I just should take some juicy pictures and silence any doubts of whether it's possible or not emulating in fullspeed with DSP LLE and EFB to RAM both activated.
But you have an Ivy Bridge... Do you think it's possible on a Sandy Bridge?
(05-05-2012, 06:07 PM)Tomkun Wrote: [ -> ]But you have an Ivy Bridge... Do you think it's possible on a Sandy Bridge?

I can tell you that there is a difference between Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge but not huge by any means but enough to satisfy me.

When I had my Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4GHz (3.8GHz with Turbo) most games were running fullspeed with both EFB to RAM and DSP LLE enabled but there was speed drops and a little slower performance, not bad by any means but it was present.

However when I now have switched to the Ivy Bridge i7 3770K @ 3.5GHz (3.9GHz with Turbo) performance with some of the games that had speed drops is so much smoother now.
I can't really explain it since one would have to experience it IRL.

But fullspeed in games with DSP LLE and EFB to RAM enabled is possible.
Thanks, you have made my day. Just waiting for my new heatsink to arriveSmile
(05-05-2012, 06:21 PM)Tomkun Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, you have made my day. Just waiting for my new heatsink to arriveSmile

No problem Tomkun.

And if someone doubt this I'll gladly provide screenshots showing 60 FPS in Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 with both DSP LLE and EFB to RAM enabled.
(05-05-2012, 05:54 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]You know what Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is pretty much the most CPU heavy games I have in my collection.
Try LLE and EFB copy to Ram with Wii Sport Resort then you'll see .

(05-05-2012, 06:27 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2012, 05:54 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]You know what Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is pretty much the most CPU heavy games I have in my collection.
Try LLE and EFB copy to Ram with Wii Sport Resort then you'll see .

Ha ha you guys, you seem to dare me to try games I don't either own or play at all in Dolphin.

Hold on a moment........................

There:

Super Mario Galaxy 1 60FPS (look at the top left corner)

[Image: a2veoo.png]

Super Mario Galaxy 2 60FPS (look at the top left corner)

[Image: ibwcd1.png]

I have more games to show if you're interested.
Pages: 1 2 3 4