Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "maximum requirements" for dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hey guys,

http://dolphin-emu.org/system-requirements.html?lang=de

here i only found the >minimum system< requirements.

understandably, i would like to know the "maximum system" requirements,

so that i know which requirements are needed to play a game on dolphin

with the best settings (best resolution, best fps etc).

besides that, dolphin cant work with quad core, right? only with dual core?

greetings
Yeah, Dolphin only uses 2 cores (3 with LLE on Thread).

To answer your question:
* Intel Core i5-2500k or i5-3750k @ 4.4GHz with a Z68/Z75/Z77 MoBo
* For 4xIR and 9xSSAA the AMD Radeon HD 7970 (maybe 7950) - I don't really know, how much demanding AA is
A GTX 680 will also do the same as the AMD cards. You probably wouldn't need to take an i5 3750k to 4.4 to match a 2500k at 4.4.
thx for the answers.

so you need a gpu which is one of the top 5 gpu's? wow...
For maximum quality you do. However, you won't really see much difference between different very high settings, particularly as SSAA and MSAA are broken.
you are right, i dont want to pay every price.

with the gpu in your signature, i assume you can play dolphin with absolutely no problems at highest resolution and 16x anisotropic filtering e.g, and. run a game constantly at 100% speed?

whats your experience?
4x IR, 16x anisotropic, and 4x SSAA (occasionally, but very rarely 9x, but only on undemanding bits of undemanding games without a FPS drop).
(05-02-2012, 06:06 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]For maximum quality you do. However, you won't really see much difference between different very high settings, particularly as SSAA and MSAA are broken.

For Dolphin, I thought only SSAA was broken. MSAA, last I heard, works as it should. I doubt neobrain messed things up that badly :p If he did, well...

At any rate, the Nvidia driver should let you override the AA settings in an application (at least it does for me with OpenGL w/multisampling) so you'd still good for some amount of AA even if both implementations were broken in Dolphin.
RE: "maximum requirements" for dolphin
Yeah, Dolphin only uses 2 cores (3 with LLE on Thread).

To answer your question:
* Intel Core i5-2500k or i5-3750k @ 4.4GHz with a Z68/Z75/Z77 MoBo
* For 4xIR and 9xSSAA the AMD Radeon HD 7970 (maybe 7950) - I don't really know, how much demanding AA is

--> but this cpu has 4 cores? so 2 cores are useless?
(05-02-2012, 06:46 AM)ESChinski Wrote: [ -> ]--> but this cpu has 4 cores? so 2 cores are useless?

Well, for best performance, a lot of people find that having LLE on Thread makes a difference, so they also find themselves using a third core. A handful of games require LLE audio as well. You're probably better off having the extra cores, just in case. Additionally, the two CPU's DefenderX mentioned are great for overclocking, not just their four cores.
Pages: 1 2 3