Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess: GC or Wii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello. Which version Dolphin emulates better by now? And is there any other issues to consider before choosing one aside better emulation?
The GC is a less powerful console, so that would make it marginally faster to emulate.

The Wii version uses the wiimote. Good if you prefer motion controls. This does bring in the problems associated with wiimote emulation too (disconnects, bluetooth stack compatibility etc, sensor problems, sensitivity issues).

The Wii version's disc image is larger.

The Wii version's gameplay is horizontally mirrored.

Quote: The GC is a less powerful console, so that would make it marginally faster to emulate.

which is mostly not the case with twilight princess Big Grin
Actually I haven't seen any major differences in the two when I have played through them in Dolphin (3.0 x64).
The GameCube version might have a slight upper-hand when it comes to speed and performance, but overall I enjoyed both.
With good enough rigs their on par with each other more or less.

I like the Wii version because it's mirrored and have the Wiimote controls which is a slight challenge if you came straight from the GameCube version and it's standard controller.
You play the GameCube version too much and then play the Wii version you'll get confused where to go in the end which is kinda fun.
I'd recommend the Wii version but i dont think your PC can handle it so just stick to the GC version
(04-28-2012, 05:15 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd recommend the Wii version but i dont think your PC can handle it so just stick to the GC version

I really don't think that's the case.
Try both
But that's true - AMD Faildozer performs worse when you use Dolphin. An AMD Phenom beats the Faildozer in Dolphin Wink
(04-29-2012, 01:06 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]But that's true - AMD Faildozer performs worse when you use Dolphin. An AMD Phenom beats the Faildozer in Dolphin Wink

hmm... you guys sure do hate that bull dozer thing...
Actually, I've tried both the Wii and GC versions and didn't find either one to be more demanding than the other. The only real issue is deciding if you want to play the game with a GC controller or a Wiimote, and the Wii version has better widescreen support.
Pages: 1 2 3