Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess: GC or Wii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
To put it simple:

- GameCube version if you want to use a simple game control pad
- Wii version if you want to use the Wiimote and Nunchuck

The speed and performance differences between the two is almost non existent if you have a powerful rig.
(04-29-2012, 01:08 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I've tried both the Wii and GC versions and didn't find either one to be more demanding than the other. The only real issue is deciding if you want to play the game with a GC controller or a Wiimote, and the Wii version has better widescreen support.

Well if controls here is the deal breaker I would say the game cube would win Wink
By what I saw in the wikia, it seens Wii version is slightly faster, but I wanted more opinions.
Well I guess it's an individual experience.

Some people might find the Wii version faster and some people might find the GameCube version faster.

We are all using different environments, hardware and configurations so it's bound to be mixed.

Me, when I have played through both it felt like the GameCube version was a little little faster.
Since I have a regular pad, I think GC version it is.
(04-29-2012, 01:06 AM)xnij Wrote: [ -> ]Try both

Most people don't want to buy two copies of a game just to try them in an emulator.
Of course, that isn't the case for most people.

I have played the Wii version, but the GC one is probably better without a Wiimote.
They are not that expensive and a lot of people (like me) own a wii and a gamecube. I think the emulator is better then the real thing :p
Quote:a lot of people (like me) own a wii and a gamecube

Unless you were foolish enough to buy the odd Wii, it's fully backwards compatible, so you shouldn't need the GameCube. May be an opportunity to make $10 by selling it.
(04-29-2012, 01:53 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:a lot of people (like me) own a wii and a gamecube

Unless you were foolish enough to buy the odd Wii, it's fully backwards compatible, so you shouldn't need the GameCube. May be an opportunity to make $10 by selling it.

lol who do you think you are? I've had my Gamecube since 2003 and I bought my wii on release day so implying I am unwise w/o knowing my history is very foolish of you...

Also I would never dream of selling my N64/GBA/GBC/GB/SNES/NES/NDS/PS1/Atari 2600/ColecoVison all-in-one emulator (also don't try and throw a legal card either because all of my roms are from my games that I legally bought).

EDIT: @OP I would advise you get both legally and see which one you like better. Or better yet borrow them from friends try it out and see which one works (wait... technically that would be illegal...)
How good is wiimote emulation on dolphin btw?
Pages: 1 2 3