Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess: GC or Wii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Depends on the game - But I never had problems Wink
(04-29-2012, 02:00 AM)xnij Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2012, 01:53 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:a lot of people (like me) own a wii and a gamecube

Unless you were foolish enough to buy the odd Wii, it's fully backwards compatible, so you shouldn't need the GameCube. May be an opportunity to make $10 by selling it.

lol who do you think you are? I've had my Gamecube since 2003 and I bought my wii on release day so implying I am unwise w/o knowing my history is very foolish of you...

Also I would never dream of selling my N64/GBA/GBC/GB/SNES/NES/NDS/PS1/Atari 2600/ColecoVison all-in-one emulator (also don't try and throw a legal card either because all of my roms are from my games that I legally bought).

EDIT: @OP I would advise you get both legally and see which one you like better. Or better yet borrow them from friends try it out and see which one works (wait... technically that would be illegal...)

There was this little word in there called unless. If you got it on release day, then it will definitely not be the odd one which isn't backwards compatible, so you haven't got the wrong one, and haven't been foolish.

Also, I never said you had to sell it, but I said you could. If I had a console, and another fully backwards compatible newer version, I'd sell it.

Just remember, I won't insult people over the internet, unless I know them in real life, or they've done something really stupid. So far, I haven't seen you be really stupid, which is why there was the conditional word "unless" in the accidentally offending post.
GCN still has some uses. If you have the network adapter you can do MK LAN play (I always wanted to do a 16 player game) or if it has digital output I think you can mod a S/PDIF port on there.
What of the howling stone crashes on the GC version, has the problem been fixed as its non existent on the wii
It's the same for me too, I got my GameCube on the release day which seems like an eternity ago and didn't actually buy my first Wii until 2009.
We all come from different backgrounds.

If I were to buy these things today I'd might pickup both the GameCube and the Wii just for the heck of it, but it isn't required by any means since yeah the Wii is backwards compatible.

As for the howling stone crashes nope I have never encountered one single crash in the GameCube version. Might be because I have played with DSP LLE but I don't know.
I'm not sure what triggers it?
Pages: 1 2 3