Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: g73jh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(03-29-2012, 09:43 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]To be helpful, here's the link to the wiki entry of SMG.

-> http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...rio_Galaxy

"IF" i was going to drop pa new CPU into my machine for dophin what one would you all suggest?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819111021

that be the best one for emulation?
Intel Core i5-2500k // Overclock the beast to 4.4 GHz and all games will run at fullspeed (even with LLE enabled).

that's the best option.
(03-30-2012, 05:33 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Intel Core i5-2500k // Overclock the beast to 4.4 GHz and all games will run at fullspeed (even with LLE enabled).

that's the best option.

I have a g1 socket type. Sad
yeah, the Core i5 2.Generation needs socket 1155 and for overclocking a P67/Z68 MoBo, i forgot to mention that.

Edit: oh, you mean notebook CPUs? well, that's not my speciality.
[attachment=7541]

Post of my processor...

Any thoughts on upgrades or what is going on?
Usually when you "upgrade" your laptop, you buy a new one. You can't replace laptop components as readily as their desktop counterparts. Dunno too much about good Sandy Bridge chips in laptops, but an Intel Core i7-2670QM like DefenderX's is pretty decent for many games in Dolphin, just watch out for heating issues. Still, you probably won't get full-speed SMG2 with LLE audio, but most other games should be a breeze.
Yes, with my i7-2670QM i'm able to play most of my games at fullspeed. And with the GeFore GT 540M, i can play all my games at 720p Smile

But the heavy games like SMG/SMG2 are running at 80-90% speed. (I use ICC builds of Dolphin)

Conclusion: i7-2670QM + GeForce GT 540M is a decent setup Wink
(03-30-2012, 06:17 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Usually when you "upgrade" your laptop, you buy a new one. You can't replace laptop components as readily as their desktop counterparts. Dunno too much about good Sandy Bridge chips in laptops, but an Intel Core i7-2670QM like DefenderX's is pretty decent for many games in Dolphin, just watch out for heating issues. Still, you probably won't get full-speed SMG2 with LLE audio, but most other games should be a breeze.

Yeah not looking to buy a new lappy just for dolphin emulation lol This laptop smokes PC games and anything else i can toss at it the processor is great for anything BUT emulation. its because they went with a quad instead of a dual. i can play ANY pc game - Crysis2 BF3 SC anything max setting with no problem.

Literally just looking to buy a new CPU to play dolphin games. Prolly be a downgrade for most things save for dolphin emulation
So i have been tweaking dolphin here and there and i got most games to around 30FPS like the 27-32 mark but it feels like the games are running at about 70-80% or proper speed like the music is slow the char move slow its not HORRIBLE but its enough to piss me off.... is this because of the CPU or some other setting im over looking. This is going on will all games save for 2d/3d plat formers and like Mario kart. Monster hunter and sonic colors both do this also. Any thoughts?
Emulation, specifically with Dolphin, is more demanding on the CPU than the GPU. Modern PC games rely a lot on the GPU, so even not-so-hot CPUs can run games at impressive settings.

About those settings :

Quote:If you honestly believe you should be getting more out of your system, post your settings as text or a screenshot so we can see if anything might need to be changed.
Yeah i get how the dolphin emulation works the CPU i have.... Is a GREAT cpu Not to be confused with a not so great cpu the only thing that is the problem is it has four cores instead of two. So while PC games take advantage of the four cores and run well and they rely on the GPU dolphin relies on A dual core CPU and cant take advantage of a quad core. That why i posted my specs above to see if anyone could recommend a dual core that would in essence be a downgrade for most things for my PC but an upgrade for the dolphin.

Dolphin 3.0 555 Dirty

[attachment=7542]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5