Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: g73jh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have a 120 Corsair Force drive on its way.... Had to RMA it because it took a dump on me. As far as the ram it came with 6gigs i upgraded to 8.... You Really think i need 12 for dolphin? And the throttle stop i thought that they fixed the throttle in the new bios update, which i already installed. i get a 21x multiplier.... Or is it the same as OC a cpu in a desktop jack up the FSB and the voltage (Crude of me saying that i know) until you get desired effects

PS already have 64bit installed fresh with the newest drivers from the asus web site. Do you know if there are any better drivers for the Graphics card. I know OMEGA use to put out some good driver for cards but they stopped due to lack of funding.
Dolphins memory usage is pretty low, for win7 4GB is more than enough
(04-01-2012, 03:51 PM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]1. Upgrade of computer memory

2. Buy a new hard drive (Seriously as an owner of the same laptop, I bet you witness many problems like computer freeze or even BSOD. This caused by the stock hard drive that came inside the laptop, I really don’t know why but many users of the laptop have this problem)
1.Total wrong in so many levels . Ram has nothing to do with dolphin , he will not gain any single FPS even if he upgrade to 12Ghz of Ram
_2Gb of Ram for Dolphin 32bit
_4Gb of Ram for Dolphin 64bit

2. Not sure about this . Just get Intel SSD if you have something to spend , you won't gain any FPS though
(04-01-2012, 07:30 PM)jagernaut Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 120 Corsair Force drive on its way.... Had to RMA it because it took a dump on me. As far as the ram it came with 6gigs i upgraded to 8.... You Really think i need 12 for dolphin? And the throttle stop i thought that they fixed the throttle in the new bios update, which i already installed. i get a 21x multiplier.... Or is it the same as OC a cpu in a desktop jack up the FSB and the voltage (Crude of me saying that i know) until you get desired effects

PS already have 64bit installed fresh with the newest drivers from the asus web site. Do you know if there are any better drivers for the Graphics card. I know OMEGA use to put out some good driver for cards but they stopped due to lack of funding.

throttle stop was for a small performance boost but it you can clocked the cpu to 3.2ghz. http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gam...perly.html
(04-02-2012, 01:36 AM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2012, 07:30 PM)jagernaut Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 120 Corsair Force drive on its way.... Had to RMA it because it took a dump on me. As far as the ram it came with 6gigs i upgraded to 8.... You Really think i need 12 for dolphin? And the throttle stop i thought that they fixed the throttle in the new bios update, which i already installed. i get a 21x multiplier.... Or is it the same as OC a cpu in a desktop jack up the FSB and the voltage (Crude of me saying that i know) until you get desired effects

throttle stop was for a small performance boost but it you can clocked the cpu to 3.2ghz. http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gam...perly.html

Its already at ~ 3.2

[attachment=7553]

Are you getting better FPS and Game play than what i stated i am getting earlier? Or are you just telling me how to increase my lappys speed?
(04-02-2012, 01:43 PM)jagernaut Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2012, 01:36 AM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]

Its already at ~ 3.2

Are you getting better FPS and Game play than what i stated i am getting earlier? Or are you just telling me how to increase my lappys speed?

i guess there nothing else you can do to your laptop to get better performance on dolphin
(04-03-2012, 07:02 AM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]i guess there nothing else you can do to your laptop to get better performance on dolphin

i don't think so Wink He can try ICC optimized builds, notebooks benefits from them.

(04-03-2012, 07:04 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2012, 07:02 AM)knglrk Wrote: [ -> ]i guess there nothing else you can do to your laptop to get better performance on dolphin

i don't think so Wink He can try ICC optimized builds, notebooks benefits from them.

Any recommendations on which and where?
Well, notebooks with newer i3/i5/i7 CPUs can benetif from ICC builds, because this newer CPUs have all Streaming SIMD Extensions + AVX support included. Anyway, all notebook SHOULD benefit from ICC builds, i've only experinece with newer iX CPUs so i dunno much about other notebook CPUs (Core 2 Duo etc) and how they perform with ICC builds.

Well, i don't want to advertise for ICC builds (neobrain doesn't like them Tongue). Just try and choose the build, which works best for you. (doesn't matter if ICC or normal build)
So do i just plug and chug until i find a good one. Im getting about 60-65% with sonic colors and ive tried about 4 builds so far.... Should i keep this up?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5