Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why people hate Twilight Princess?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So I've learned over years that a lot of people dislike or full on hate Twilight Princess.
Which is beyond my understanding.

I've played every single Zelda game starting from the original, and I've been a full time pc, console gamer since 1995.
Based on my general gaming experience, I can tell that TP is probably one of my favorite Zelda games, I'd put it third, after Minish Cap and SS on the first.

Why do you think people dislike TP? What's the reason for such stupid fact?
I don't think people hate TP. I'm not sure why you think people do, but most people know it's a fine game.
(01-25-2012, 10:28 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think people hate TP. I'm not sure why you think people do, but most people know it's a fine game.

I've heard a lot of known people say this. Especially Let's Players, almost all of them tell that they know a damn lot of people that hate TP, and how it is underrated and overlooked by many.

First time I played it I had 40 hours played when I finished it with 100% everything done and acquired, and I enjoyed every second of that time spent. The design, items and everything is just great.
I have to say though, it's sad how my fav item = Ball and Chain is used like never outside of snowpeak temple.. some other items aswell, that's quite an odd design choice IMO.
A lot of young players have started to play Zelda games with Wind Waker. The "style" of Twilight Princess may have disturbed some of them. They may appreciate Twilight Princess less than Wind Waker indeed but I don't think they hate this game. Another thing is that Twilight Princess is associated to Wii and a lot of people dislike it. I noticed one thing when Skyward Sword was released. Some friends of mine and other people had often this reaction : "on Wii??? Uhhh". I don't know why this system has such a bad reputation. The childish image of the console? Maybe
Eh, get my friend, he disliked Skyward Sword and said TP is a much better game. Although he only played through the first dungeon. What I do agree, is the story element in Skyward Sword is even smaller than in TP (measured in NPC interaction/cut scenes). Note: I've only played until the 5th dungeon.
its namend "casual gaming"...
:'(
SS is a beatiful game, but TP is much much more dark and thrilling, maybe too dark for some, and that could be the reason. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying SS, but it's hard to compare them because they are so different. TP is so far my favorite, but I still have to finish SS.

EDIT: The music in TP is unbeatable, and that helps a lot in the whole experience.
I don't know, I didn't find TP that much... fun to play. It's a good game, no doubt, but it's missing a few crucial things.

First of all, some of the tasks are really, really tedious -- like collecting those stupid Tears of Light, three times. The Dungeons are definitely much less innovative and surprising than in SS (think about the great idea with those time crystals, there's nothing comparable in TP).

Then, the game is *incredibly* easy. Come on, I didn't collect anything, neither bottles for extra lives nor heartpieces, and still I died like, twice. Not a single of the bosses can be considered "hard". If you don't die at least five times at the final boss before you make it, it's no fun.

The fighting system was oversimplified by having the shield be raised whenever you autotarget. If you have a fighting system with two actions ("strike" and "block"), don't remove one of them...

For the overall style, it's all too... smooth. I can't find fault with either the graphics nor the enemy design, but both of them are missing the "wow, now that's cool" effects known from other games. The same goes for the dungeons -- nothing wrong with them, but they're missing the highlights. Every dungeon plays the same, and every part of a dungeon also does. That hasn't been the case in, like, Majora's Mask. Also, stuff like having every enemy "explode" in the same way after they die doesn't really fit in imo.

Anyway, Midna was a thousand times better than Fi. That's a clear plus. ;P
Dude, you just misheard it...

They don't hate Twilight Princess, they hate the motherfreaking Twilight Movies Big Grin
(01-26-2012, 06:28 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, you just misheard it...

They don't hate Twilight Princess, they hate the motherfreaking Twilight Movies Big Grin

lol Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6