Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: internal resolution and aa suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wouldn't it be a lot more simple, if the aa and internal resolution options were removed, and instead, there was an internal resolution and window resolution option instead where you specify only the x and y integer dimensions? I find this 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x presets to be quite silly And if internal resolution did not equal the window resolution, there would be a supersampling scaling algorithm if it is larger, and an lanczos filter if it is smaller than the window resolution. I also think this would greatly clean up the video config dialog. Lastly, is ssaa for dx9 truly fixed? http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=4090 doesn't look like it is fixed.
I think neobrain was/is working on the IR thing.
Not really (not sure if I ever was Tongue).
name them
"Graphic settings"
1x = low
2x = normal
3x = high
4x = ultra

the meaning behind internal resolution
is to complicated for new user... normal user... average user...
SSAA for DX9 is fine for 9x, but borked for 4x.
(01-23-2012, 12:50 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]name them
"Graphic settings"
1x = low
2x = normal
3x = high
4x = ultra

How about:
1x = Wii
1.5x = Enhanced Wii
2x = Xbox 360
2.5x = Super Enhanced Wii
3x = Wii U
4x = Max
(01-23-2012, 12:11 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Not really (not sure if I ever was Tongue).

I thought you were working on a custom IR thingy where you could put anything you wanted.
[Image: NoSSAA.jpg]
1x + NoSSAA

[Image: 1x4xSSAA.jpg]
1x + 4xSSAA

[Image: 1x9xSSAA.jpg]
1x + 9xSSAA

[Image: 2xNoSSAA.jpg]
2x + NoSSAA

[Image: 2x4xSSAA.jpg]
2x + 4xSSAA

[Image: 2x9xSSAA.png]
2x + 9xSSAA
is that with the dx9 plugin?
visually, it appears 1xir, 4xssaa = 2xir, no ssaa. Is that true programatically as well?
Is that with the dx9 plugin?
Yes.

visually, it appears 1xir, 4xssaa = 2xir, no ssaa. Is that true programatically as well?
I don't know.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7