Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DSP LLE on Thread ( is the solution to 100% speed! )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Iv been trying to use DSP LLE on thread but every time I use it, it crashes the game. I had seen people mentioning wrong dump files but i checked and myin were correct. What is causing it too crash?
what rev... what cpu... what gpu...
did you have an quad core cpu?
(12-19-2011, 08:37 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]what rev... what cpu... what gpu...
did you have an quad core cpu?

I am using 3.0-235, I7 930 @ 4.2 GHZ and a GTX 460 Hawk at 900 MHZ core 1900 MHZ memory clock. I have even tried other revisions but nothing seems to solve this problem.
than its your dsp dump... (99% of the dumps online are broken Wink)
(12-19-2011, 09:28 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]than its your dsp dump... (99% of the dumps online are broken Wink)

I checked that. The dsp_coef is 4096 bytes and the dsp_rom is 8,192. Arent these the correct ones?
(12-19-2011, 09:40 AM)yogoes123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2011, 09:28 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]than its your dsp dump... (99% of the dumps online are broken Wink)

I checked that. The dsp_coef is 4096 bytes and the dsp_rom is 8,192. Arent these the correct ones?

Also, Lets make sure I put the two files in the correct folder. It should be: Sys/GC ... Correct?
When does it crash and which game? I read that LLE on Thread makes every game crash sooner or later. I had random crashes on SMG2.
(12-19-2011, 10:51 AM)Seph Wrote: [ -> ]When does it crash and which game? I read that LLE on Thread makes every game crash sooner or later. I had random crashes on SMG2.

it crashes 1-2 minutes into gameplay. This is on Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess... Its weird because on other games it doesnt crash ( havent tested them all )
Ah, here is a new fact i just found. the DSP LLE on thread seems to only crash when I start entering Hyrule Field. Thats very strange...
Hmm, Would Hyper threading enabled have anything to do with the crashes?
Here is something else I just found as well. Increasing the cpu voltage allows me to play the game 10-15 seconds longer before it crashes...
Does it crash with LLE but without LLE on Thread?
downclock to around 3.6ghz...
maybe dsp runs instable due of overclock
(12-20-2011, 02:51 AM)Seph Wrote: [ -> ]Does it crash with LLE but without LLE on Thread?

No it only crashes whenn LLE on thread in enabled... DSP LLE alone works just fine but the main reason for this is I can run the game even in hyrule field at 30 fps with ENB RAM on if I enable the DSP LLE on thread setting, which is why im looking to find a solution to this.
(12-20-2011, 04:17 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]downclock to around 3.6ghz...
maybe dsp runs instable due of overclock

DSP LLE on thread actually works with my regular clock. But its pointless since it lowers the FPS a lot, making it the same without it with my normal 4.2 GHZ. This is very strange because I have stress tested this on Prime95 for a while and I have gotten no problems...
Changing it too 3.6 GHZ actually makes it instantly crash when the game starts..
Pages: 1 2 3 4