Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin doesn't seem to recognise my Radeon 6630M - help please :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,
just picked up a new laptop - a dual core Sandy Bridge i7 with a Radeon 6630M GPU.
For some reason when I go to configure display adapter it's set to 'Mobile Intel HD Graphics' and fails to recognise the Radeon.

Do I need to do something in the settings or on my laptop to change this?

I have catalyst control centre but can't do much from there any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
you need to force dolphin.exe to use the gpu
its somewhere in catalyst control centre i hope
Any ideas how - can't find anything?

[Image: LgrVY.jpg]
Hi Starscream, thanks, but what you've illustrated there is the first thing I did still no joy - refuses to find the card Sad Even when 'high performance' is selected for dolphin.exe

From the device manager I disabled Intel HD graphics and still did not find it.

In the device manager it says the Radeon is enabled etc.

Is there anyway I can make it my primary card? This is infuriatin!
Besides the fact that the Dolphin menu only displays the Intel chip, how do you know that it's actually using that? A lot of times the PC might use or list the Intel chip under normal PC usage, but when the PC is under heavy load it can automatically switch to the Radeon. See if you can confirm that. You should be able to find a game benchmark that displays what hardware was used at the end of the test, if it says the Radeon then you know that I'm right. Also, make sure to set the power settings to performance and keep it plugged in.
I don't I'm just assuming as it says it in the display adapter box - it also runs pretty slowly and even has trouble running Luigi's Mansion! Surely if it were using the Radeon it should be able to run this easily!? What sort of performance do you get on your Laptop in your sig.?
Any recommendations on power settings? Would I need a reboot after this?
Thanks.
Can you post screenshots of all of your settings as well as what performance you are getting in luigi's mansions?
(09-23-2011, 05:23 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post screenshots of all of your settings as well as what performance you are getting in luigi's mansions?

Yup just nipped out so will be back in an hour or two and do it then. I was running dolphin on an i7 2010 Mac and I was getting way better speeds. I know you can't necc. compare that with this but.I surely should be getting better performance? Like I say Ill post when Im back in.
Ok - this is even weirder I had a fiddle around with setting the internal resolution to auto and even putting up anti-aliasing thinking it would never run and some games actually ran better!? This seems like total madness.

Anyway certain games such as DK Jungle Beat run terribly while others that seem more complex seem to run ok-ish now, but still not how I would have thought they would run.
Have put some clickable pics below to show some of my settings - I think DX9 is slightly better than 11 though.

[attachment=6679]
[attachment=6680]
[attachment=6681]

I seem to be getting a few frame drops and stalls in some of the weaker games still such as Luigi's Mansion etc. Could someone advise if this IS actually using the Radeon card as I'm still not convinced - and what sort of internal resolution I should set this at?
Pages: 1 2 3