Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anything that can be done to fix Save States?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Barky91

Half the time it breaks the game and it just crashes the emulator, is Dolphin just not very good with it or is it the game itself (Xenoblade) ?

Save-states are not very reliable, you probably shouldn't use them if you can help it.
I haven't had any problems with save-states. But as SS said; they're unreliable, you can't tell when they'll work or fail.
And yes, it worked fine for me in Xenoblade.
They work for me 98% of the time, although I've only needed to use them with gamecube games, so I don't know how'd they work with Wii games.
(09-16-2011, 04:38 AM)moosehunter Wrote: [ -> ]They work for me 98% of the time, although I've only needed to use them with gamecube games, so I don't know how'd they work with Wii games.

Really? I use it only on GC games as well, and they seem much more instable to me, like, working 75% of the time at most..
(09-16-2011, 04:38 AM)moosehunter Wrote: [ -> ]They work for me 98% of the time, although I've only needed to use them with gamecube games, so I don't know how'd they work with Wii games.

wow! thats high, i've noticed it also has to do with audio playing cause whenever i load a savestate from a place with no audio, it ALWAYS loads successfully but anywhere else i get errors & crashes, like for TP Wii loading at the start screen for strapping on the wii always loads successfully
(09-16-2011, 04:48 PM)Blaze X Wrote: [ -> ]

wow! thats high, i've noticed it also has to do with audio playing cause whenever i load a savestate from a place with no audio, it ALWAYS loads successfully but anywhere else i get errors & crashes, like for TP Wii loading at the start screen for strapping on the wii always loads successfully

You're right and in general in "instable" situations : sound glitches, just before or too early after cutscene, huge animations, etc
For me they've been very stable in GC games, but I've stopped using them with ToS: DotNW. It just freezes most of the time.
For me, I can almost always get a GC savestate to work perfectly. ANY Wii savestate I make, however, causes Dolphin to crash before the game gets past the health and safety screen. They really should work more on this.
You could try single core and LLE (not on thread) should make savestates better Big Grin
Pages: 1 2