Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: D3D11 with AA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just upgraded to a DX11 card, and (no surprise here) the first thing I do to check it out is play WW on dolphin rather than a PC game Rolleyes

If I enable any kind of AA (there is a long dropdownlist with many flavors), link seems to take a few hits of acid - the world looks preeetty funky. These are taken with 4 samples.
[Image: gzle0179resize.png]
Think the ocean looks better green?
[Image: gzle0180resize.png]

I didn't post this on the support board because I'm not necessarily looking for help- just thought it was interesting.. I can switch back to D3D9 just fine Big Grin
Anti aliasing is broken since a lot revisions.Just wait until it's repaired again or download an older revision of Dolphin.
(08-10-2011, 05:09 AM)Manaplayer Wrote: [ -> ]Anti aliasing is broken since a lot revisions.Just wait until it's repaired again or download an older revision of Dolphin.

How did you get the idea that msaa in d3d11 is supposed to be broken since "a lot revisions?" Why didn't we have any bug report for that then, even if it is? And anyway, how do you know it's not that MSAA per definition is breaking this game in particular, i.e. we can't do anything about it? ..
So neobrain what AA is better the D3D9 or D3D11Huh
Use dx9 and dx11 in last resort Big Grin
(08-10-2011, 05:25 AM)Bad Company Wrote: [ -> ]So neobrain what AA is better the D3D9 or D3D11Huh

It's not about D3D9 or D3D11 - it's about what type of antialiasing is implemented in either of them. D3D11 only has MSAA, D3D9 only has SSAA. MSAA is faster but causes problems in some games, whereas SSAA is slower but works fine in almost all games.
Can we see your other graphics settings please?
?
On my GTX580 it works, but just when i check Ignore Format Changes...
Whoops, it looks like "Ignore Format Changes" was unchecked by default.. Checking it makes everything look normal. Guess I should have poked around a little bit more..
(08-11-2011, 01:02 AM)ddl25 Wrote: [ -> ]Whoops, it looks like "Ignore Format Changes" was unchecked by default.. Checking it makes everything look normal. Guess I should have poked around a little bit more..

Could you please state what revision you where using and if the game looks fine with "Ignore Format Changes" UNchecked and AA disabled?
Pages: 1 2