Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin locks framerate at 30 fps in some games...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,
I really enjoy Dolphin and all games I played run very well.
But some games like GoldenEye 007 and Super Mario Sunshine always are on 30 - 31 fps and it just won't go higher, and I guess Dolphin locks the framerate there.

I am using r7320 64 bit at the moment with these settings:
Graphics - General
Graphics - Advanced
General
Display
Audio

I tried to deactivate the FPS limit and V-Sync (and Audio Throttle of course) but except some games run too fast nothing happens, still at 30 fps.

My pc specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T BE @ 3,2/3,6 GHz
ATi Radeon HD 6870
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
1 GB DDR3 RAM

I just got this PC and will buy 4GB of RAM next week but for now it runs pretty well.
But my PC should run everything fine?
Someone knows how to fix this or is it just the game that runs so slow?

But still, after all I have to say: great work with Dolphin, no other emulator I know runs as good as Dolphin and it's fun to play Wii on my PC with some friends.

Thank you very much.
Domistyle.
It is normal.Some games are locked to 30,other to 60.Heavy games with beter graphics are made to run at 30 FPS.Lighter games run with 60 fps.I depends from the game.Problem is with games that must be run with 60fps and weak hardware "lock" framerate to 30 fps(for example),aka 50% speed of game which is unplayable.
(03-11-2011, 08:09 PM)mroussev Wrote: [ -> ]It is normal.Some games are locked to 30,other to 60.Heavy games with beter graphics are made to run at 30 FPS.Lighter games run with 60 fps.I depends from the game.Problem is with games that must be run with 60fps and weak hardware "lock" framerate to 30 fps(for example),aka 50% speed of game which is unplayable.
Alright, when the fps drops the game gets really slow with 30 fps.
With 60 fps the fps only goes down to about 40-50 which is still playable.
Is there no way to run everything at 50/60fps without speeding up the game?
buy a new computer.
No.You cannot remove fps limittion on 30 fps games is that what you ask.Games are made to run at this fps and if you dont have fps drops and 30 fps are constant everything will be fine.

(03-11-2011, 08:53 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]buy a new computer.
Huh The guy has pretty descents PC.If he run his proc at 3.6ghz will have problem obly with 3-4 games.Everything else will runat max ot this pc.
its an amd, and amd chokes on heavy processing
Please get out of this thread. Not useful at all.
3 cores at 3,6 GHz is just fine, even if Dolphin only uses 2.
I know people running Dolphin at lower and higher system specs having the same "issues" with the same games and the same framerate...
(03-11-2011, 08:54 PM)mroussev Wrote: [ -> ]No.You cannot remove fps limittion on 30 fps games is that what you ask.Games are made to run at this fps and if you dont have fps drops and 30 fps are constant everything will be fine.
Okay, thank you.
30 fps still feels kinda slow but it's fine. Wink
Maybe more RAM will fix a few of the lag spikes.
(03-11-2011, 09:18 PM)DomiStyle Wrote: [ -> ]
Please get out of this thread. Not useful at all.
3 cores at 3,6 GHz is just fine, even if Dolphin only uses 2.
I know people running Dolphin at lower and higher system specs having the same "issues" with the same games and the same framerate...
(03-11-2011, 08:54 PM)mroussev Wrote: [ -> ]No.You cannot remove fps limittion on 30 fps games is that what you ask.Games are made to run at this fps and if you dont have fps drops and 30 fps are constant everything will be fine.
Okay, thank you.
30 fps still feels kinda slow but it's fine. Wink
Maybe more RAM will fix a few of the lag spikes.

ballz.
(03-11-2011, 09:44 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]ballz.
Troll.

(03-12-2011, 12:34 AM)DomiStyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2011, 09:44 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]ballz.
Troll.
Meh, this guy knows a lot about emulating, even if he chooses to answer half assed answers in this thread, trust me. No use in just getting mad, it's just those questions are being asked many times and people who work hard on emulating a console on high end computers are sick of it.

Either way, I believe D3D9 plugin is faster than D3D11 at the moment. Use it instead.
In the Direct3D9 window: Disable CPU access, disable emulating format changes, and disable EFB Scaled Copy. In the advanced window, tick Disable Fog. Your resolution seems fine I believe, nothing to do there...

After setting these settings, make 2 tests:
1. Try setting Limit Framerate to None and see if the game actually goes faster than Auto. If it does, manually set the framerate limiter to the value needed for the game. It's probably a bug if that's the case.

If it's still slow let us know!

Edit: also, if you right click a game and select Properties, I think there are a few speed hacks in there. But I personally find them ultimately useless. One of them sped up a game with slow loading screens though.
Pages: 1 2 3