Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin locks framerate at 30 fps in some games...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-12-2011, 07:21 AM)Schwimmer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah well, I thought he could use it to decrease the amount of parallel processes in case he really gets to 100% RAM usage with Dolphin and see if it causes the problem, because I suppose 1GB is kinda on the edge.
GameBooster indeed uses more RAM and CPU than it sets free.
It's a fresh Windows 7 install from 2 days ago and the only not-windows related process running is the Catalyst Control Panel

(03-12-2011, 08:20 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]windows would swap out allocated but not in use memory for the dolphin process to load.

but lol.... 1GB on a setup like that is just stupid.
As said, I just build this PC 4 days ago and had no more RAM here, will buy a SSD and more RAM coming week.
The RAM is totally at the limit, runs at 98%.
I will post again when I tested it with more RAM, and see how it performs.

(03-12-2011, 01:09 PM)KaMakaZeDaN Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why you would want to play the game with any higher fps? Ive pruposely locked Dolphin at 30 fps and i have a one month old high end gaming computer i built myself.

There are sound issues when the fps is too fast, well for me anyway (Very likely because i dont understand or trust the settings), and locking the fps to 30 lets the sound keep up with the gameplay Tongue

Unless you for some reason needed to record in 50/60 fps which anyway, without a secondary hard drive and a very decent system would be pointless.

As long as you're getting a very nice, steady 30 fps i dont think you really need any more. Smile Also if you have 1Gb of ram srsly consider installing more or upgrading, i think my nans pc is running on a gigabyte.

Get with the times! Big Grin

I asked for a method to speed up the fps without affecting the game speed but affecting how the game runs. If the fps drops at 60fps you can't see it but if it does with 30fps you can see it for sure.
I am used to play with atleast 50fps and 30fps looks kinda choppy.
But still, aslong it is above 20fps I am happy with it.

For the RAM: Look above.

Pages: 1 2 3