Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: full speed on mario galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ok so ive been testing revisions to try and get the best speed on super mario galaxy

amd phenom x4 965 BE 3.4 ghz

galaxy gtx 460 768 mb

-----------------------------------------------------

for all my tests i use the same save game file(it loads on the mothership with the sun in the middle) and i dont move

framelimit 60 (no fps for limiting)

skip gc bios

hide mouse cursor

start render in 1024 x 768 windowed mode

enable audio throttle

copy to texture

no v-sync

--------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS:

r7121: fps:44-45

r7111: fps:41-42

r7095:fps 36-37

r7005:fps 43-44

2.0:fps 34-35

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

those are the best results i got

althought rev 7121 was the fastest r7111 felt the most smooth

i was wondering if any of you knew of a better revision, i get 60 fps most of the time but 20 percent of the game i run into 30 fps spots.
gonna need all settings, particularly graphics and sound renderers, as well as game properties (vbeam, dlist, etc) for this to mean anything.
(02-10-2011, 08:28 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]try rev 6505
from this page
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=9549

im confused what is the difference between sse3 ssse3 sse4.1 sse4.2 for my cpu amd phenom x4

it says the program cant start because openal32.dll is misswing from your computer
use sse3
but it should run ö-Ö
change to directx9 plugin

(sse4.1 and 4.2 are intel i3/5/7 core instruction sets)
some sort of compile option to improve speed
(02-10-2011, 10:32 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]use sse3
but it should run ö-Ö
change to directx9 plugin

(sse4.1 and 4.2 are intel i3/5/7 core instruction sets)
some sort of compile option to improve speed

i tried the 6970 sse3 one and i only got 30 fps witch is half speed???

it was actually slower with that sse3 thing, i hear about people getting full speed on my cpu how did they do it ???
Quote:it was actually slower with that sse3 thing, i hear about people getting full speed on my cpu how did they do it ???

By lying. Only an overclocked i7 can attain fullspeed most/all of the time in SMG/SMG2. And we really do need your full settings. Try turning off audio throttle, turning on lock threads to cores, turning on use fps for limiting, and make sure accurate texture cache and emulate format changes are off.
amd and sse3
lol.

stick to sse2.
(02-10-2011, 02:11 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Only an overclocked i7 can attain fullspeed most/all of the time in SMG/SMG2.
Yeah, I've been playing the first one on my i7 920 @ 3.8 GHz, even with the graphics settings cranked all the way down I drop to ~55 fps in some parts of the Observatory, and a bit less at the settings I play at, though I haven't noticed any slowdown at all outside the Observatory.

Also, I had issues with texture corruption on the big world map screen before I turned Accurate Texture Cache on with the fast setting, which didn't seem to affect my framerate at all. The world map goes blank when I walk away and come back to it unless EFB copy is set to RAM rather than texture too, but that caused bloom offset issues with the lava bloom being offset down and to the right, and really isn't worth the framerate hit for what little it does fix anyway.

By the way, are the i7s notably better than comparably clocked i5s in Dolphin?
i7 are better compared to i5...
(triple channel) the ram bandwitdh is huge
Pages: 1 2 3 4