Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: full speed on mario galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Check the per game settings (game properties). Post them here if you can.
Wow I never knew d-list caching gave so a boost to fps, I never used that option. Brought smg from 53 fps in the observatory up to full speed on r7123. If only I could use the LLE on thread option with an older build when I got 60fps without d-list:

older rev + lle on thread + d-list = win.

(02-12-2011, 09:47 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]one thing that happened to me earlier: i clicked the graphics button on dolphin and my fps immediately jumped up by about 5... weird.

What happens here is when you click on graphics, it overrides the game properties settings, so if you have efb cpu access off in the graphic properties, it turns off. You can test it by trying to use a pull star after opening the graphics settings.
(02-12-2011, 10:27 AM)emu-muncher Wrote: [ -> ]Wow I never knew d-list caching gave so a boost to fps, I never used that option. Brought smg from 53 fps in the observatory up to full speed on r7123. If only I could use the LLE on thread option with an older build when I got 60fps without d-list:

(02-12-2011, 09:47 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]one thing that happened to me earlier: i clicked the graphics button on dolphin and my fps immediately jumped up by about 5... weird.

What happens here is when you click on graphics, it overrides the game properties settings, so if you have efb cpu access off in the graphic properties, it turns off. You can test it by trying to use a pull star after opening the graphics settings.

Smile i tried d-list aching and went from 44-45 fps to 50-51 fps(in obserbotory), that impressed me.
(02-12-2011, 10:58 AM)MaxBurnout1200 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2011, 10:27 AM)emu-muncher Wrote: [ -> ]Wow I never knew d-list caching gave so a boost to fps, I never used that option. Brought smg from 53 fps in the observatory up to full speed on r7123. If only I could use the LLE on thread option with an older build when I got 60fps without d-list:

Smile i tried d-list aching and went from 44-45 fps to 50-51 fps(in obserbotory), that impressed me.

wowsers!!!!!!!! i put on lle on thread and went from 50-51 to 52-53 thanks that one comment boosted me by 8 fps!!!!! +1 carma^

and why is it that the past 5 revisions have failed or whatever?
(02-12-2011, 10:58 AM)MaxBurnout1200 Wrote: [ -> ]wowsers!!!!!!!! i put on lle on thread and went from 50-51 to 52-53 thanks that one comment boosted me by 8 fps!!!!! +1 carma^

so if i could have a sse3 build of 7111 with d-list and lle thread it would be an own!!!!!!!!!!
or whatever sse works best for my cpu..... amd phenom ii x4 965 Black Edition 3.4 ghz

Lulz glad someone found use in the post Smile

And that reminds me I haven't tried out an optimised build yet, may increase performance further....now your comment helped me lol.

Lulz glad someone found use in the post Smile

And that reminds me I haven't tried out an optimised build yet, may increase performance further....now your comment helped me lol.
[/quote]

now this might help u http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=9549
Quote:Wow I never knew d-list caching gave so a boost to fps, I never used that option.

It also creates a world of problems. Especially on older revisions. Rodolfo has managed to fix most of the problems with dlist caching in recent builds but many still remain. Their are very few games that don't experience some kind of major graphics issue at some point during the game with dlist caching on. Which is why they tucked it away in the advanced tab, it's an experimental option and generally not recommended. To me a 10% speedup is not enough to justify the potential issues it might cause.
(02-12-2011, 11:12 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Wow I never knew d-list caching gave so a boost to fps, I never used that option.

It also creates a world of problems. Especially on older revisions. Rodolfo has managed to fix most of the problems with dlist caching in recent builds but many still remain. Their are very few games that don't experience some kind of major graphics issue at some point during the game with dlist caching on. Which is why they tucked it away in the advanced tab, it's an experimental option and generally not recommended. To me a 10% speedup is not enough to justify the potential issues it might cause.

there goes my excitement out the window......
so how bad? like could corrupt ur save files? freeze? slowly freeze?
(02-12-2011, 10:02 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Check the per game settings (game properties). Post them here if you can.

the only per game setting i had selected was enable cpu access. all the other ones are blue boxes.
Quote:the only per game setting i had selected was enable cpu access. all the other ones are blue boxes.

Well then that's your answer. To quote emu-muncher:
Quote:What happens here is when you click on graphics, it overrides the game properties settings, so if you have efb cpu access off in the graphic properties, it turns off. You can test it by trying to use a pull star after opening the graphics settings.

Quote:there goes my excitement out the window......

Messed up graphics basically. Some games don't have any issues with it and many of the issues have been fixed in the last 100-200 revisions but most games do still have issues with it, and it is a WIP/experimental option. If you don't see any weird graphics issues then you're in the clear. If you do notice some bizarre things happening though I would recommend you turn it off.
(02-12-2011, 12:33 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:the only per game setting i had selected was enable cpu access. all the other ones are blue boxes.

Well then that's your answer. To quote emu-muncher:
Quote:What happens here is when you click on graphics, it overrides the game properties settings, so if you have efb cpu access off in the graphic properties, it turns off. You can test it by trying to use a pull star after opening the graphics settings.

Quote:there goes my excitement out the window......

Messed up graphics basically. Some games don't have any issues with it and many of the issues have been fixed in the last 100-200 revisions but most games do still have issues with it, and it is a WIP/experimental option. If you don't see any weird graphics issues then you're in the clear. If you do notice some bizarre things happening though I would recommend you turn it off.

ya there was one room where the sound got high pitched and the picture was all blurry, other than that i think its ok for smg1
Pages: 1 2 3 4