Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dump/Rip GCN saves via Wii from 1st party memory card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
AFAIK, it is currently impossible to dump/rip GameCube saves from 1st party memory cards via a homebrewed Wii. Is this correct? If not, how is such a thing done?
Use Gamecube Saver (Copys gc savegames back to Memory Card): Gamecube Saver
and NuGaSa (Copys gc savegames to SD Card) NuGaSa

Those pages are in german, but you just need to use the download-buttonTongue
Does that work for gamecube saver work for copy protected games like F-Zero GX.
Try it out
Not likely, i already lost one F-Zero GX save that had nearly everything unlocked like that and im not willing to lose another one Tongue (That game has an evil difficulty curve)
or
or
or

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Ctr-Gcs-DacoTaco-Edition

and use dolphin or something to get a save out/use the dump in dolphin

...or wait for me to get unlazy and make it able to dump saves on their own
So using that i can copy my Dolphin save to the raw image of my card and then copy that back to use on my Wii without it saying that it's corrupted (My Dolphin save has more stuff unlocked).
But, are these utilities compatible with official 1st party Nintendo memory cards?
(02-09-2011, 06:17 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]But, are these utilities compatible with official 1st party Nintendo memory cards?

it should. try it. if it doesn't work smack me again

(02-09-2011, 05:56 AM)ugoo Wrote: [ -> ]So using that i can copy my Dolphin save to the raw image of my card and then copy that back to use on my Wii without it saying that it's corrupted (My Dolphin save has more stuff unlocked).

true; but for recovery you should be carefull
I tried it and it dumps it successfully and the Memory card dump itself works however importing saves corrupts the image on Dolphin and my Wii.
Pages: 1 2 3 4