Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: something wrong with antialiasing in newer revisions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi from Germany,

at first i try in english: since revision 6385 i noticed that something is wrong with the ssaa-mode .. if i set it to 4 in r6385 the emulated objects are rendered perfectly without any edges, but in later revisions it's different.. though i set it to 4 the objects are roughly with many edges and thats why i havent downloaded any newer revision for months, cauze i thought this just would be a temporary issue .. info: i play all games on a hd ready tv (1360*768)

für alle die deutsch können:

ich muss euch für eure wundervolle arbeit loben, doch ich habe ein problem .. ich benutze immer noch die revision 6385 weil ich bei neueren revisionen festgestellt habe dass irgendwas mit dem antialias-mode nicht stimmt.. wenn ich ssaa bei der r6385 auf 4 setze sind die bilder perfekt gerendert ohne kanten oder so aber in den neueren revisionen ist das anders.. die objecte sind trotz dass ich ssaa auf 4 gestellt habe SEHR kantig wesshalb ich auch keine neueren revisionen mehr ausprobiere weil ich dachte das wär nur ein vorrübergehender fehler .. zur info, ich spiele an einem hd ready fernseher (1360*768)
Hi slax65

What versions have you tried?
What is your hardware configuration?
Post configuration of dolphin.

Dont forgot to update the DirectX and GPU driver.
(01-21-2011, 05:08 PM)IceD_X Wrote: [ -> ]Hi slax65

What versions have you tried?
What is your hardware configuration?
Post configuration of dolphin.

Dont forgot to update the DirectX and GPU driver.

Many versions from r6385 to the newest ones but this effect has appeared since r6385

unfortunately i don't know much about computer stuff but i know that i have ati radeon hd 5700 and mostly all games run with full speed (mainly, i play mario kart wii, smash bros brawl, new mario bros wii and some gcn games also mario and zelda series)

Again, post configuration of dolphin, especially the video plugin settings.
(01-21-2011, 10:29 PM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Again, post configuration of dolphin, especially the video plugin settings.

2nd step: Post here your CPU , RAM and OS.
I'm having this problem as well with 6888.

Win 7 x64

Using a GTX 260 C216. GPU drivers and directx runtimes are up to date.

Configuration: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/...ings-1.png

SSAA simply isn't doing anything. Whatever caused it is recent, last 100 revisions or so.

Quote:2nd step: Post here your CPU , RAM and OS.

That doesn't matter. This is a graphical issue.
(01-22-2011, 12:41 AM)IceD_X Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2011, 10:29 PM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Again, post configuration of dolphin, especially the video plugin settings.

2nd step: Post here your CPU , RAM and OS.

it has nothing to do how your configs are, i tried all ways you could set configs in DirectX9 - nothing helped (enabling or disabling things), but i think its an issue that has appeared since r6385 (note, all settings are the same in both revisions)

though, here my configs:

enabled:
v-synch
widescreenhack
force 16:9
aass: x4
i.resolution: auto (fractional)
16x antisotropic filter
EFB scaled copy
enable efb copy --> to texture

and it has also nothing to do with my computer, when in r6385 everything works fine it just has to be some issue with dolphin .. NOTE: in newer versions the games are running as well as in r6385, ONLY the antialiasing is much worse SINCE r6385..

heres what CPU-Z says:

name: intel core i7 930
core speed: ~1600.0 MHz
bus speed: ~130.0 MHz
Cores: 4
Threads: 8

don't know what it all means but i hope it helps, though it cant be my computers fault anyway .. :/

heres a screenshot of samus in ssbb, left its r6385, right its r6871
look at samus' knee and you'll se its roughlier rendered as in r6385

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3597/123yb.png

Hi NaturalV and slax

You and natural have the Fractional option.

Try to enable Integral and SSAA 8x.
If this don't work,then there is an issue with the newest revs.
AA still working here.
Tried now with Integral and SSAA 9x with r6837.
Work very well!

Don't use Fractional!

Pages: 1 2 3 4